Cognos Express 10.2.1 Fix Pack 4 Interim Fix 2
Cognos Express 10.2.1 Fix Pack 4 Interim Fix 2 includes product corrections.
IBM Cognos Express 10.2.1 Fix Pack 4 IF 2 provides important product corrections and should be applied to all installations at your earliest convenience.
Please refer to the Security Bulletin IBM Cognos Express is affected by multiple vulnerabilities for more details.
This fix pack integrates the following fix packs and interim fixes from Cognos Business Intelligence and Cognos TM1:
- Cognos Business Intelligence 10.2.1 Fix Pack 12
- IBM Cognos TM1 10.2 Fix Pack 2 Interim Fix 8
Known issues and the Support portal
To view known issues and their workarounds, see the IBM Support portal: http://www.ibm.com/support
For information about using the Support portal, see the IBM Support portal assistance: http://www.ibm.com/software/support/portal/sp-help.html
This fix pack requires that Cognos Express 10.2.1 is already installed. An existing installation may optionally include fix packs and interim fixes for Cognos Express 10.2.1. Our fix packs are cumulative by design. Hence Cognos Express 10.2.1 Fix Pack 4 interim fixes 2 includes all updates from earlier Cognos Express 10.2.1 Fix Packs and interim fixes.
· Ensure your system has a dedicated 10GB of disk space to save installation files locally and upgrade IBM Cognos Express
· Ensure the installed IBM Cognos Express is fully up and running,
· Ensure you have backed up your IBM Cognos Express content,
· Create a folder in your Express 10.2.1 server to extract the required install file,
· Using your file compress and decompress utility, decompress the .tar.gz file in the created folder,
· Expand the folder and open "winx64h" folder and run "issetup.exe" as administrator to install the fix pack,
· Follow the instructions provided in the wizard. The last step may take several minutes to complete,
· Completely clear the browser cache before launching the IBM Cognos Express Manager application.
Note: You may have to temporarily disable your Antivirus and firewall during the installation.
Guidance on updating the IBM Cognos Express 10.2.1 Gateway can be found in this technote (link to http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21677697).
Note: Some antivirus software, in combination with local firewall settings, can prevent the client installation program from running. Please refer to the following support link to resolve the issue:
Note: This updater is addressing the "Expiring TM1 SSL Certificates" issue announced in 2016. You are not required to manually update your Express server or clients when you upgrade your Express 10.2.1 server and all remote clients to this version.
It is recommended that you download and apply this fix pack to all of your Cognos Express 10.2.1 installations at your earliest convenience.
Cognos Express 10.2.1 Fix Pack 4 IF 2 integrates the fix pack from Cognos Business Intelligence and the fix pack and interim fix from Cognos TM1 identified in the Description section. As a result, the fixes from these fix packs and interim fixes that are applicable to Cognos Express functionality are also included in the Cognos Express 10.2.1 Fix Pack 4 IF 2. Please review the following fix lists for further information on the customer reported issues addressed:
IBM Cognos TM1 10.2 Fix Pack 2 Interim Fix 8 Fix List (the last fix list released is included in IF6)
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is Fix Central(FC)?
|Cognos Express 10.2.1 FP4 IF 2||9 Jun 2017||Language Independent||4560000000||FC|