Download WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client Version 8.6 Fix Pack 5 for Java and .NET
IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale Version 8.6 Fix Pack 5 (also known as 18.104.22.168) client upgrades are available for Java and .NET frameworks.
For a list of fixes and improvements that are included in this fix pack, see the IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale and WebSphere DataPower XC10 Appliance Releases and Updates web page.
Use IBM Installation Manager to download the following offerings:
- WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client in a stand-alone environment
- WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client for WebSphere Application Server Version 7
- WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client for WebSphere Application Server Version 8
Important: If you have a version of the Java client prior to V8.6, then you must use IBM Installation Manager to install V8.6 of the client before you can install this upgrade.
IBM Installation Manager is not required to install the client for .NET.
You can also download WebSphere eXtreme Scale for Developers - Liberty Profile, which is a free version of WebSphere eXtreme Scale that allows developers to test applications and data grids on the WebSphere Application Server Liberty Profile. In this scenario, WebSphere eXtreme Scale for Developers functions as a client for the WebSphere Application Server Liberty Profile.
|WebSphere eXtreme Scale System Requirements||English||10000|
Installing WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client for Java
- Download and extract one or more of the following WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client offerings from this page:
Description File name WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client in a stand-alone environment 8.6.0-WS-WXS-Client-FP0000005.zip WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client for WebSphere Application Server Version 7 8.6.0-WS-WXS-WAS7-Client-FP0000005.zip WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client for WebSphere Application Server Version 8 8.6.0-WS-WXS-WAS8-Client-FP0000005.zip
- Install IBM Installation Manager.
- Add the fix pack repository location in IBM Installation Manager:
- Start IBM Installation Manager.
- In Installation Manager, click File > Preferences > Repositories.
- Click Add Repository.
- Browse to or enter the file path to the repository.config file. The repository.config file is located in the directory where you extracted the compressed files.
- Use Installation Manager to install or upgrade the product from the local product repositories that you downloaded in step 1.
Installing WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client for .NET
You can install WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client in a .NET environment if you have applications that run in this framework.
Download the client for .NET from this page. IBM Installation Manager is not required to install the client for .NET. For more information, see Installing WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client for .NET in the information center.
Downloading the product with Download Director
Fix Central (FC) links are provided for you to download the product offerings. However, you can alternatively use Download Director, which is a Java applet that provides enhanced download capability to IBM customers who download our products from the internet. It provides high-performance, reliable downloads with pause and resume capability. It starts in a separate browser window and provides a graphical user interface (GUI) to specify the download location, and view download status. To use Download Director to download the product offerings, complete the following steps:
- Click the Fix Central (FC) link for the product offering that you want to download.
- When the Fix Central page is displayed, click the Continue button.
- Enter your IBM ID and password when prompted.
- Click Change download options.
- Select Download using Download Director.
- On the Download files using Download Director page, click Download now to begin downloading the selected product offering.
This fix pack is no longer available for download. It is recommended that you apply fix pack 8. If you are using a z/OS install, you should apply fix pack 6. If you need access to fix pack 5, please contact IBM Support.
More support for:
WebSphere eXtreme Scale
Software version: 8.6, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 4037828
Modified date: 2014-12-08