This SupportPac provides simple command line tools (mqtrcfrmt, mqoptions, and mqapitrcstats) to aid in using MQ traces
The tools provided in this SupportPac aid in formatting MQ data structures and fields into a more human readable format. The mqtrcfrmt tool takes a distributed MQ trace as input and writes out as output the trace file contents but with MQ data structures and fields (i.e. msgdesc, objdesc, reason code) expanded into human readable lines that show the individual data fields and also what constants the numerical values represent.
The mqoptions tools will take the numerical value of an MQ option field (i.e. GMO) and display the MQ constant values (i.e. MQGMO_WAIT) that the numerical value represents.
The mqapitrcstats tool produces a performance statistics report from the trace.
Aid for reading MQ traces.
Aid for converting MQ options numerical values to their constant values.
Aid for performance statistics report from distributed trace.
Skill Level Required:
This SupportPac requires a working knowledge of WebSphere MQ administration.
New in this Release:
- Pub/Sub support for distributed traces.
- Pub/Sub and Callback support for z/OS traces.
- Report option added to mqoptions.
- Manual in PDF format.
- v8 support.
- Windows 64 bit trace formatting support.
- Application Activity Trace formatting support.
- Very significant performance improvements, especially for large traces with numerous threads.
- More data structures are expanded, and z/OS user parameter trace control block formatting has been added.
- Formatting and alignment has been changed to support a user customizable summary API trace (very helpful!)
- Windows executable is now provided for all tools.
- New tool to produce a performance statistics report from the trace
Author: Tim Zielke, CICS/MQ Systems Programmer for Aon
Last updated: 02Jun15
Current SupportPac Version: 1.0.3
»Please note that the version number shown in the right-hand pane is the version of the WebSphere MQ or WebSphere Message Broker product that this SupportPac applies to. The date is the last webpage refresh.
To view the complete portfolio of WebSphere MQ SupportPacs please visit the WebSphere MQ SupportPacs homepage.
This SupportPac requires WebSphere MQ V7 running on the supported Operating System platforms.
1. Download mh06.zip to a temporary location.
2. Uncompress mh06.zip with your favorite tool to a location of your choice.
3. This will create the necessary files and directory.
4. The readme.txt explains how to use the mqoptions, mqtrcfrmt, and mqapitrcstats tools.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|mh06.zip||02 Jun 2015||US English||565356||FTP|
Category 4 SupportPacs are provided by third party suppliers (for example, customers, business partners, vendors) and not from IBM. The material is provided without any warranty or support from IBM. Any special support arrangements may be described within any downloaded material or on the third party supplier's Web site.
By making any material available for downloading from this site, IBM is making no endorsement of any of these third party suppliers, or of their products.