Rational License Key Server 8.1.4
IBM Rational License Key Server 8.1.4 is now generally available and contains new features as well as fixes for customer-reported and internally found defects.
|This section provides an overview on what is new in this release with a description of any new functions or enhancements when applicable.|
|This section provides information related to the impact of this release to allow you to assess how your environment may be affected.|
|This section provides important information to review prior to the installation of this release.|
|This section provides the direct link to obtain the download package for installation in your environment.|
|This section provides the installation instructions necessary to apply this release into your environment.|
|This section contains a link to the known problems (open defects) identified at the time of this release.|
|Click to review the detailed system requirements information for a complete list of hardware requirements, supported operating systems, prerequisites and optional supported software, with component-level details and operating system restrictions.|
IBM Knowledge Center provides an entry point to product documentation. You can view, browse, and search online information related to the product.
|Click to review a complete list of the defects (APARs) resolved in this release including a list of resolved defects for the entire version family.|
To use most IBM Rational software products, a specific license key is required. Product licenses are acquired through the IBM License Key Center and installed on one or more Rational License Key Servers to serve and manage licenses in the enterprise.
The newly added components that are added with this release must be configured with Rational License Key Servers. The components are:
- IBM Rational License Key Server Administration and Reporting Tool
- IBM Rational License Key Server Administration Agent
Attention: IBM Rational License Key Server Administration and Reporting Tool and IBM Rational License Key Server Administration Agent MUST BE CONFIGURED according to the following hardware and software specifications, otherwise they might fail during license administration and usage reporting.
- Rational License Key Server Administration and Reporting Tool:
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Disk space: 100 GB
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Disk space: 50 GB
- Web browser requirement for Rational License Key Server Administration and Reporting Tool:
- Mozilla Firefox: 10 ESR and future fix packs
- Internet Explorer: Version 9 or 10 (Important: Switch to Standard View by clicking Tools > Developer tools to work with the server administration and reporting tool. Internet Explorer does not render the server administration and reporting tool properly in Compatibility View.)
- Rational License Key Server: version 8.1.2, 8.1.3, or 8.1.4 (Note: Rational License Key Server Administration and Reporting Tool does not support Rational License Key Server 8.1.1)
- Operating systems: ONLY 64-BIT OPERATING SYSTEMS ARE SUPPORTED
- Rational License Key Server Administration Agent:
- Installation Prerequisite: The Server Administration Agent MUST BE COLLOCATED with the license server
- Operating Systems: All operating systems supported by Rational License Key Server ( version 8.1.2 and later versions) and the IBM solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (version 4.0.1 and later versions) server.
For more information about downloading the installation files, installing Rational License Key Server, administering license servers, and license keys, see the IBM Rational Software Knowledge Center.
|Passport Advantage||Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express clients are required to sign in to download the software package.|
|IBM OEM software||IBM Software Group OEM offerings are designed for partners who develop and sell business solutions with embedded or bundled IBM middleware software. Clients with Flexible Contract Type (FCT) license purchases and IBM Business Partners must sign in to download the software package.|
|Fix Central||This release is also available to download from Fix Central.|
How critical is this fix?
|This release is a service release of Rational License Key Server. It contains new features as well as fixes for client-reported and internally found defects.|
Click the Fix List link in the table of contents above to review a list of the problems solved in this release.
Known side effects
- A single license server cannot be managed by more than one Rational License Key Server Administration and Reporting Tool.
- The reports that are exported to CSV, TSV, XML, and JSON format contains only hourly data.
- Double-byte characters that are used as a host name to add a license server in Rational License Key Server Administration and Reporting Tool does not identify the server. The server status is displayed as unreachable in the tool.
- Rational License Server Agent fails to start on AIX 7.1 Technology Level 1, Service Pack 0 and 1. (technote 1646465)
- No validation check is performed to prevent duplicate report names with which reports are saved.
- The installation log of Rational License Key Server Administration and Reporting Tool package shows error messages after the package is installed.
- Oversized images are truncated or corrupted, and are not displayed by the browser. The web browsers display images that are 32,600 pixels wide or long.
- The reports definitions are not saved according to the schedule options (daily, weekly, monthly) selected by the user. The definitions are saved according to the highlighted schedule option (daily, weekly, monthly) that is selected before saving the report definition.
- CPU Utilization may be high when Rational License Key Server Administration Agent is processing the license server log file. (technote 1648220)
- Out-Of-Box (OOB) reports in IBM Rational License Key Server Administration And Reporting Tool may show subset of information for large volume of data. (technote 1647564)
- Rational License Key Server Administration and Reporting Tool throws an 'Unresponsive Script Error' in the Firefox browser. (technote 1647974)
- User based reports display non-hourly frequencies for GMT, not local time zones. (technote 1648391)
Two new components are added with this release.
- IBM Rational License Key Server Administration and Reporting Tool - It provides server administration and reporting capabilities. The server administration capability is for administering the license servers to generate license usage reports. With the reporting capability, various helpful reports are generated from on the license server artifacts.
- IBM Rational License Key Server Administration Agent - Rational License Key Server Administration Agent administers the license servers. It uses the server log file to collect license usage data. The server administration agent is installed on the computer where Rational License Key Server or Collaborative Lifecycle Management license server is installed.
This release also contains updated components for Rational License Key Server, Rational License Key Administrator, and Rational License Borrow tool.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is Fix Central(FC)?
|IBM Rational License Key Server 8.1.4||30 Aug 2013||English||1048576||FC|
IBM Rational Software Support Communities
Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance:
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
If you have helpful information to diagnose or identify the problem on your system, you can provide this data by following the instructions to exchange information with IBM Technical Support.
Problems (APARS) fixed
More support for:
Rational License Key Server
Software version: 8.1.4
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 4035648
Modified date: 2014-05-20