This document describes how to download and install the 22.214.171.124 Fix Pack for IBM Rational Policy Tester.
You can locate it on Fix Central using the following directions:
- Go to http://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/ and sign in using your IBM ID and password.
- Select Rational in the Product Group list and click Continue.
- Select Rational Policy Tester in the Product list.
- Select one of the following versions: 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, or 18.104.22.168 in the Installed Version list.
- Select Windows in the Platform list, and click Continue.
- In the Identify fixes page, select Browse for fixes (or choose another search method), and click Continue.
- In the Select fixes page, select the fixpack: POLTEST-Windows-22.214.171.124-fixpack check box, and click Continue.
- Enter in your Passport Advantage credentials into the Sign in page and click Continue.
- In the Download options page, choose your download method (Download Director or your browser), and click Continue.
Hardware and software requirements are available at: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSAUB3_8.5.0/com.ibm.pt.help.doc/topics/r_sysreqs_control_center.html
This section takes you through the steps to install the FixPack.
1. Navigate to the directory where you downloaded the executable and double-click the files PolicyTesterServerSetup_8.5FP5.exe and PolicyTesterScannerSetup_8.5FP5.exe.
2. In the Setup Wizard, click Next.
3. In the License Agreement dialog box, choose the "I accept the terms in the license agreement" option, and click Next.
4. The Fix Pack is installed. When the installation is finished, it will launch the Configuration Wizard (If Config Instances is
selected); click Next.
5. Exit the installation.
|Policy Tester Planning & Installation Guide||English||642|
How critical is this fix?
|PM86959||Modification on ASE/PT WebSphere decode request|
|PM88613||Policy Tester 8.5 Info Center has broken links|
|PM83398||A user should not be able to add himself permission to a folder.|
|PM69758||Unable to Manual Explore due to script debugging error|
|PM64677||ASE: How to deliver the Manual Explore add-in via https for Firefox|
|PM74863||IE Manual Explore plugin fails to turn the proxy settings back to normal when proxy security is off|
Known side effects
Due to security concerns, the current version of Policy Tester no longer supports the option of impersonating the service account for platform authentication, proxy authentication, and importing from a network share. You must update any jobs that used the service account to use a proper username and password.
If .NET 4.0 is installed before IIS, ASP.NET 4.0 may not be registered. It can be manually registered by running "aspnet_regiis /i" from "c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319"
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is Fix Central(FC)?
|Policy Tester||23 Aug 2013||English||780397568||FC|
- Visit the Policy Tester Support portal to review lists of known problems, fixes, and a wealth of important support information.
- If you have an issue with the AppScan product, open a support ticket (PMR) at Service Request.
- For quick questions, use the Policy Tester Forum.
Licensing InformationConsult Licensing for AppScan Enterprise and Policy Tester.
Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance
Before you contact IBM Security Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When creating the ticket, provide this information:
- What operation did you performed - and what error message have you received?
- The background information needed to understand the issue.
- Version ofPolicy Tester.
- Impact of the issue on your organization, schedule, deadlines.
- Upload logs, screen captures, and background information to the ticket.
Problems (APARS) fixed