This release is the latest version of Interim Fix for Reporter 220.127.116.11 and is a roll-up build
To remediate security vulnerabilities in older versions of Apache and OpenSSL. This patch upgrade Apache distribution for Netcool/Reporter to Apache version 2.2.22 with Mod JK version 1.2.37, and Open SSL version 1.0.1d.
Netcool/Reporter 2.2.0 patched to Fix Pack 9 is installed.
Platform specific requirements, where applicable:
- AIX OS version should be 5.3 TL6 or later.
- HPUX OS version should be HP-UX 11.23 or later.
- Linux, Windows, and Solaris are per base requirements.
Note: All references to INFOHOME indicate the root directory where Netcool/Reporter is installed.
1. Shut down Netcool/Reporter.
2. Back up your Netcool/Reporter file system and repository database
3. This patch is delivered as a compressed UNIX tar file, ITNR-2.2-Aix_ApacheOpenssl-IV29878-988-0.tar.gz. Extract it into a temporary directory (for example, /opt/tmp) as follows:
% cd /opt/tmp
% gzip -dc ITNR-2.2-Aix_ApacheOpenssl-IV29878-988-0.tar.gz | tar xvf -
A subdirectory, ITNR-2.2-Aix_ApacheOpenssl-IV29878-988-0 is created under the temporary directory (for example,/opt/tmp/ITNR-2.2-Aix_ApacheOpenssl-IV29878-988-0). All files and utilities required to install the patch are extracted into this subdirectory.
4. Change to the directory ITNR-2.2-Aix_ApacheOpenssl-IV29878-988-0, which contains the patch files to be installed.
5. Run the patch installer "install.sh" script. It might stop the patch process if the $INFOHOME environment variable cannot be found.
You might need to change the permission to execute the setup.sh script using chmod.
% chmod 755 install.sh
The patch installer backs up existing files into the $INFOHOME/backup/vpatch_ITNR-2.2_ApacheOpenssl-IV29878-988-0 directory.
[Optional] If you want to rollback this upgrade process, run the following command:
% ./install.sh rollback
6. Add $APACHE_HOME/lib into your library environment variable for your specific platform. For example:
Linux & Solaris
7. After the patch is processed, change to the directory APACHE_HOME/bin and run below commands to create a self signed key, if required:
# The req command primarily creates and processes certificate requests in PKCS#10 format. It can additionally create self signed certificates for use as root CAs for example.
openssl req -config ../conf/openssl.cnf -new -out ../conf/server.csr
# The rsa command processes RSA keys. They can be converted between various forms and their components printed out. Note this command uses the traditional SSLeay compatible format for private key encryption: newer applications should use the more secure PKCS#8 format using the pkcs8 utility.
openssl rsa -in privkey.pem -out ../conf/server.key
# The x509 command is a multi purpose certificate utility. It can be used to display certificate information, convert certificates to various forms, sign certificate requests like a ``mini CA'' or edit certificate trust settings.
openssl x509 -in ../conf/server.csr -out ../conf/server.crt -req -signkey ../conf/server.key -days 365
See OpenSSL document section openssl(1) for further information ( http://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/openssl.html)
8. Re-start Netcool/Reporter.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is Fix Central (FC)?
|18.104.22.168-TIV-NCReporter-AIX-IF0001||16 Aug 2013||US English||14497568||FC|
|22.214.171.124-TIV-NCReporter-HPUX-IF0001||16 Aug 2013||US English||13527956||FC|
|126.96.36.199-TIV-NCReporter-LINX-IF0001||16 Aug 2013||US English||7838006||FC|
|188.8.131.52-TIV-NCReporter-SOL-IF0001||16 Aug 2013||US English||7806257||FC|
|184.108.40.206-TIV-NCReporter-WN-IF0001||16 Aug 2013||US English||15665597||FC|
IBM Tivoli Netcool/Reporter
Problems (APARS) fixed