IBM Rational Robot 188.8.131.52_iFix003 has been made generally available and contains fixes to version 184.108.40.206 including all predecessor fixes.
|This section provides an overview on what is new in this release with a description of any new functions or enhancements when applicable.|
|This section provides information related to the impact of this release to allow you to assess how your environment may be affected.|
|This section provides important information to review prior to the installation of this release.|
|This section provides the direct link to obtain the download package for installation in your environment.|
|This section provides the installation instructions necessary to apply this release into your environment.|
|This section contains a link to the known problems (open defects) identified at the time of this release.|
|Click to review the detailed system requirements information for a complete list of hardware requirements, supported operating systems, prerequisites and optional supported software, with component-level details and operating system restrictions.|
|Click to review a complete list of the defects (APARs) resolved in this release including a list of resolved defects for the entire version family.|
Before you install Interim Fix 3 for Rational Robot 220.127.116.11, install IBM Rational Robot version 7.0.3 and then install Rational Robot 18.104.22.168.
If you are installing Rational Robot on Microsoft Windows Vista, you must configure certain security settings for using Rational Robot. For more information, refer to technote 1286101: Pre-requisites for recording Robot scripts on Microsoft Windows Vista .
Note: The security settings specified in this document are also applicable to the Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 platforms.
The following are the two common ways to install this update on an existing 7.0.3 product:
- If IBM Rational Robot version 7.0.3 is already installed on your computer, install Rational Robot 22.214.171.124. After installing Rational Robot 126.96.36.199, install Interim Fix 3 using the Update wizard in IBM Installation Manager. Ensure that the Search service repositories during installation and updates option is enabled in the Installation Manager Preferences page and Internet connection is available.
- You can also download Interim Fix 3 and use it to install the fix locally.
- If IBM Rational Robot version 7.0.3 is already installed on your computer, install Rational Robot 188.8.131.52.
- Download Rational Robot version 184.108.40.206 Interim Fix 3 from the location specified at the bottom of this page.
- Extract the files to a temporary directory. For example, extract the file to
- In the IBM Installation Manager, click File > Preferences and add the temporary directory to the list of repositories, for example,
- Use the Update wizard of the Installation Manager to proceed with the update.
For more information see Rational Robot 7.0.3.
The following sections provide detailed information related to this release.
How critical is this fix?
|This release is a maintenance release of Rational Robot 220.127.116.11. It contains fixes for client-reported and internally found defects.|
Click the Fix List link in the table of contents above to review a list of the problems solved in this release.
Known side effects
Review the link to the parent release in the Prerequisites section for a list of known problems.
- Rational Robot supports functional testing on 32-bit Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 browsers.
- Rational Robot adapter support has been made available for IBM Rational Quality Manager versions 4.0.2 and 4.0.3.
- The hostname prefix is added to the Robot log file name so that Rational Robot is able to distinguish logs during parallel execution from Rational Quality Manager.
- The Time Stamp suffix is added to Robot log file name only when executing from Rational Quality Manager, so that the previous history of log files can be seen while executing from Rational Quality Manager.
- The Robot log file style sheet has been modified and provides new GUI with a button for the OpenComparator and colors for log entries.
- Rational Robot scripts that have names that contain French or Unicode characters can be executed from Rational Quality Manager.
- The OpenComparator shows verification point differences in the Robot log file for verification point that have names that contain French or Unicode characters.
- Rational Robot remains open during execution from Rational Quality Manager, thereby reducing its restart time during execution from Rational Quality Manager.
- Improved functionality of Rational Quality Manager execution variables by the Robot adapter is now available
- The speed of Rational Robot has been maximized on 32-bit computers.
Note on 64-bit Microsoft Windows 7 support
In 64-bit Microsoft Windows 7 environments, you can use Rational Robot to record and play back only on 32-bit applications.
Useful troubleshooting tips for Internet Explorer 9.0 support
- Do not start Internet Explorer 9 from Rational Robot during recording. Start Internet Explorer 9 outside Rational Robot, and click Pause recording before clicking inside Robot during recording.
- In Internet Explorer 9, the Close button does not work during recording and playback through Rational Robot. To close the browser, press Alt+F4. Rational Robot records this action and plays it back correctly.
Note: Rational Robot 18.104.22.168 iFix 03 does not support testing applications on the .Net domain on Microsoft Windows 7 (only). To resolve this problem, you must download and apply the fix on Rational Robot Version 22.214.171.124 iFix 03: Link to the fix
This version of Rational Robot can only be installed on a computer with the same version or a compatible version of other Rational products. When you upgrade Rational Robot you must upgrade other Rational products on your computer to the same version or a compatible version. For more information, see Rational Team Products - Versions 7.0.3 and 7.1.1.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|Rational Robot 126.96.36.199 Interim Fix 3||09-Jul-13||English||34128896||FTP|
IBM Rational Software Support Communities
Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance:
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
If you have helpful information to diagnose or identify the problem on your system, you can provide this data by following the instructions to exchange information with IBM Technical Support.
Problems (APARS) fixed