This SupportPac enables messaging applications running on HP Integrity NonStop Server to connect to a queue manager that is running on another system.
Support for the WebSphere MQ client for HP Integrity NonStop Server SupportPac MAT1 is being withdrawn and replaced by the equivalent client included in the WebSphere MQ V8 Clients SupportPac MQC8. This client has been enhanced to work with the latest version of WebSphere MQ and can be downloaded here http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24037500.
A WebSphere® MQ client is a component of the WebSphere MQ product that can be installed on a system to enable applications to connect to and exchange messages with a queue manager running on a remote system without requiring a queue manager to be running on the same system as the application.
This SupportPac provides this functionality for the HP Integrity NonStop Server platform. It enables applications written in C, Java (JMS), pTAL and COBOL to connect to either a remote or local WebSphere MQ queue manager using an MQI channel over TCP/IP.
Why use WebSphere MQ clients?
• Using WebSphere MQ clients is an efficient way of implementing WebSphere MQ messaging and queuing.
• You can have an application that uses the MQI running on one machine and the queue manager running on a different machine, either physical or virtual. The benefits of doing this are:
- There is no need for a full WebSphere MQ implementation on the client machine.
- Hardware requirements on the client system are reduced.
- System administration requirements are reduced.
- A WebSphere MQ application, running on a client can connect to multiple queue managers on different systems.
• What applications run on a WebSphere MQ client?
• The full MQI is supported in the client environment and this enables almost any WebSphere MQ application to be relinked to run on a WebSphere MQ client. Link the application on the WebSphere MQ client to the MQIC library, rather than to the MQI library.
• Applications which are built using various programming languages including C, Java(JMS), pTAL and COBOL.
Skill Level Required
Users should be familiar with the IBM WebSphere MQ product family in general and have particular skills on the platform for which this client is intended.
Author: WebSphere MQ Development, Hursley
Current SupportPac Version: 1.0
»Please note that the version number shown in the right-hand pane is the version of the WebSphere MQ or WebSphere MB product that this SupportPac applies to. The date is the last webpage refresh.
To view the complete portfolio of WebSphere MQ SupportPacs please visit the WebSphere MQ SupportPacs homepage.
The client supports the following Operating System and systems:
• HP Integrity NonStop Server running H06.24 or later.
• HP Integrity NonStop BladeSystem running J06.13 or later.
Other software pre-requisites:
• Open System Services (OSS) must be active.
• Optionally, TMF and Pathway must be configured and available if two-phase commit transactions are required.
• Optionally, HP Integrity NonStop Server for Java must be available if the Java Message Service (JMS) API is required.
• Optionally, compilers, linkers and tooling for C, COBOL, Java and pTAL languages will be required if building applications for those languages.
The client will interoperate with all the currently supported WebSphere MQ server products at 7.1 level or above or 5.3 for the HP NonStop Server, provided the functions used are common to the release of server and client.
Two-phase commit transactions are only supported where the queue manager is at WebSphere MQ version 7.1 or later.
• Log in to the user ID that will own the installation. The user ID must have MQM as its primary group.
• Download the installation package file. The installation file is provided as a self-extracting archive. Ensure that you use "binary mode" when you download the installation package file to OSS and that the downloaded package has read and execute permissions for the user ID that is installing the package.
• Follow the instructions provided below in the WebSphere MQ 7.1 InfoCenter to complete the installation of the client:
For further information about the WebSphere MQ client for HP Integrity NonStop Server see below.
|WebSphere MQ 7.1 documentation||US English||111|
|Client Installation instructions||US English||111|
|WebSphere MQ Client for HP Integrity NonStop Server||US English||111|
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|mat1.run||04 Jul 2013||US English||37493658||HTTPS|
|WebSphere MQ V8 Client||15 Sep 2014||US English||111||HTTP|
Category 3 WebSphere MQ SupportPacs are supplied under the standard terms and conditions provided by the International Program License Agreement (IPLA) and thus carry program defect service.
Please read the license files that accompany the SupportPac to ensure you understand the conditions under which the SupportPac is provided. No Proof of Entitlement is required for this SupportPac.
If you encounter what you believe to be a defect with the SupportPac you may request Program Services by reporting the problem via the same defect reporting channel you employ for the WebSphere MQ server product with which you are using the SupportPac.
This SupportPac has service support for as long as the WebSphere MQ V7.1 or later remains in service. Refer to the WebSphere product lifecycle pages for the relevant service information. It is only supported with MQ platforms which are themselves supported.