IBM Rational Directory Server (Tivoli) 5.2.1 has been made generally available on the IBM Passport Advantage website.
|This section provides an overview on what is new in this release with a description of any new functions or enhancements when applicable.|
|This section provides information related to the impact of this release to allow you to assess how your environment may be affected.|
|This section provides important information to review prior to the installation of this release.|
|This section provides the direct link to obtain the download package for installation in your environment.|
|This section provides the installation instructions necessary to apply this release into your environment.|
|This section contains a link to the known problems (open defects) identified at the time of this release.|
|Click to review the detailed system requirements information for a complete list of hardware requirements, supported operating systems, prerequisites and optional supported software, with component-level details and operating system restrictions.|
|The information center provides you with user assistance for the product. You can view, browse, and search online information related to the product. You can also visit IBM Product information page the to browse for additional information centers.|
|Click to review a complete list of the defects (APARs) resolved in this release including a list of resolved defects for the entire version family.|
- Installation overview
- Installing Rational Directory Server on Windows systems
- Installing Rational Directory Server on UNIX systems
- Post installation tasks on Windows systems
- Post installation tasks on UNIX systems
- IBM Rational Change versions 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11 and previous versions
- IBM Rational DOORS 9.5, 9.4, 9.3, and 9.2
- IBM Rational Focal Point
- IBM Rational Synergy versions 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124 and previous versions
Note: Please refer the product documentation for IBM Rational DOORS, IBM Rational Focal Point, IBM Rational Change, and IBM Rational Synergy for compatibility with Rational Directory Server versions.
|Passport Advantage||Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express clients are required to sign in to download the software package.|
|IBM OEM software||IBM Software Group OEM offerings are designed for partners who develop and sell business solutions with embedded or bundled IBM middleware software. Clients with Flexible Contract Type (FCT) license purchases and IBM Business Partners must sign in to download the software package.|
How critical is this fix?
|This release is a service release of Rational Directory Server (Tivoli). It contains new features as well as fixes for client-reported and internally found defects.|
Click the Fix List link in the table of contents above to review a list of the problems solved in this release.
Known side effects
- Rational Directory Server 5.2.1 includes a number of new features and defect fixes for Rational Directory Administrator and associated client libraries.
However, as Rational Directory Server now uses IBM WebSphere Application Server as its web server, with the load of users increasing in Rational Directory Server, there are some performance degradations in the 'tdsadmin login' and 'user node refresh' operations, each taking more time than they had compared with older versions of Rational Directory Administrator.
These performance issues are under investigation. We will create a technote or release a Rational Directory Administrator ifix once the issues are resolved (apart from updating this note).
While the performance issues impact Rational Directory Administrator, the performance of consuming products are not impacted, and for the end user, upgrading to this latest version is seamless.
- When operating in SSL mode on AIX, Rational Directory Server 5.2.1 breaks Rational Directory Administrator functionality.
This is due to a known issue in the underlying Tivoli Directory Server V6.3. Review technote 1588941: Rational Directory Administrator in SSL mode does not display users with Rational Directory Server 126.96.36.199 (Tivoli) on IBM AIX platform for problem resolution.
- Windows platform - Rational Directory Server 5.2.1 release consists of both Rational Directory Server and Rational Directory Administrator.
- UNIX platform - Rational Directory Server 5.2.1 release consists of both Rational Directory Server and Rational Directory Administrator.
Rational Directory Server 5.2.1 contains the following new features:
- Rational Directory Administration now uses IBM WebSphere Application Server (liberty-8.5) instead of Apache Tomcat Server.
- Serviceability support has been incorporated into Rational Directory Server.
- This will simplify the debug and trouble shooting process for customers.
Rational Directory server 5.2.1 now supports:
- RHEL 6 (Red Hat Enterprise Linux) platform (both 32-bit and 64-bit).
- Corporate LDAP Servers:
- Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition 11g
- Tivoli Directory Server v6.3
- Forest network in Windows Active Directory Server (2003 & 2008)
- Rational Directory Administrator now supports Firefox 10 and IE 9.
Rational Directory Server 5.2.1 requires the following underlying technology:
- IBM Tivoli Directory Server 6.3 (FP 17)
- IBM JRE 1.6 SR10
- IBM WebSphere Application Server liberty profile 8.5
Rational Directory Administrator 5.2.1 is compatible with Rational Directory Server 5.2, 188.8.131.52, and 184.108.40.206
IBM Rational Software Support Communities
Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance:
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
If you have helpful information to diagnose or identify the problem on your system, you can provide this data by following the instructions to exchange information with IBM Technical Support.
Problems (APARS) fixed