IBM Security AppScan Standard 184.108.40.206 has been made generally available on the IBM Passport Advantage website.
IBM Security AppScan Standard Version 220.127.116.11 is a full product download.
This page contains release details and download instructions.
|An overview on what's new in this release, with a description of any new functionality or enhancements when applicable.|
|Important information to review prior to the installation of this release.|
|Describes where and how to download the package for installation in your environment.|
|The instructions necessary to apply this release into your environment.|
|Known problems (open defects) identified at the time of this release.|
|Detailed system requirements, by version.|
|Click to open the AppScan Standard 8.7 InfoCenter, an online version of the Help that comes with the product.|
|Defects (APARs) resolved in recent releases, including this release, by version.|
|A library of links to AppScan Standard documentation, by version.|
After downloading the installation pack to your computer and unzipping the contents, double-click on AppScan_Setup.exe to launch the setup process and follow the simple on-line instructions.
Note: During the installation you will be asked if you want to install Generic Service Client (GSC). This is a program included in the AppScan Standard package, and used by AppScan Standard when scanning web services. If your site includes web services, install GSC; otherwise do not..
|Passport Advantage||Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express clients are required to sign in to download the software package.|
|IBM OEM software||IBM Software Group OEM offerings are designed for partners who develop and sell business solutions with embedded or bundled IBM middleware software. Clients with Flexible Contract Type (FCT) license purchases and IBM Business Partners must sign in to download the software package.|
- Log in to one of the above download locations, as appropriate.
- Search for and download the following package (ZIP file):
Part Number CIGA7ML
This package includes:
- AppScan_Setup.exe - The file for installing AppScan Standard 8.7
- GSC_Setup.exe - The file for installing Generic Service Client, used for scanning web services, if your application includes web services
- Quick Start Guide - A multilingual PDF file
How critical is this fix?
This is a service release of AppScan Standard containing new features as well as fixes for client reported and internally found defects.
Known side effects
FIPS 140-2 support
The US Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) define cryptography requirements. AppScan now uses encryption and hashing mechanisms that support these requirements, and can run on Windows machines that have been set up to work in FIPS Compliant mode.
For scanning web services, Generic Service Client version 8.11 is now replaced with version 8.3, with the following improvements:
- Web services security policies are now supported
- Raw transaction data view
- GZIP encoding supported
- Enhanced web services policies and security algorithms
- Improved logging
- Improved memory usage
For increased accessibility, the user interface is now high-contrast compatible.
Deprecated in this version:
Support for PEM client-side certificates is deprecated as of this version. They can still be used in this version, but will not be supported in future versions.
- Visit the AppScan Standard Support portal to review lists of known problems, fixes, and a wealth of important support information.
- For quick questions, use the AppScan Standard Forum.
- Search the AppScan Standard Support tech notes.
Helpful Hints for Obtaining Technical Assistance
Before you contact AppScan Standard Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When creating the Service Request ticket, provide this information:
- What operation did you performed - and what error messages have you received?
- The background information needed to understand the issue.
- Version of AppScan Standard. Make sure you are opening the ticket for AppScan Standard (there are several AppScan products supported by different teams).
- Impact of the issue on your organization, schedule, and deadlines.
- Upload logs, the scan, screen captures, and background information for the ticket as described in Data required for common troubleshooting issues.