This is an IBM Service Advisory for customers using the AS2 feature or AS2 Edition on IBM Sterling B2B Integrator 5.1, fix pack 5103.
This is an IBM Service Advisory for customers using the AS2 feature or AS2 Edition on IBM Sterling B2B Integrator 5.1, fix pack 5103. If you are not using AS2 on fix pack 5103 specifically, this advisory does not impact your Sterling B2B Integrator implementation.
IBM Product Management apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause to your business. IBM
recognizes you as a valued customer and remains committed to resolving such issues promptly.
Customers using the Sterling B2B Integrator 5.1, fix pack 5103 AS2 feature or AS2 Edition, which includes mutli-org AS2 organization setups, are not able to create AS2 partners using the radio button “Use Existing Identity” after applying the 5103 fix pack.
IBM has released a generally available interim fix (iFix) to resolve the issue described below on the IWM (IBM Web Membership) site for download. We recommend that all Sterling B2B Integrator 5.1, fix pack 5103 AS2 customers using multi-org setup download this iFix and apply it to your environments immediately.
After applying the 5103 fix pack, create an AS2 Organization using the AS2 Wizard and perform the following steps:
1. Select Use Existing Identity.
2. Click Next. The Identity Name and AS2 Identifier are automatically populated.
3. Click Next. A “DuplicateAS2Identifier” error is displayed.
- If you downloaded and installed fix pack 5103 and are NOT on a customer-specific iFix, you must apply this iFix to resolve this issue. Follow the instructions below:
a. Ensure that you are already running the si_51_build_5103.jar in your environment. This iFix only contains the fixes for the issue listed above. It does not contain fixes from any previous fix packs. You must already have fix pack 5103 installed prior to applying this iFix.
b. Download the new iFix containing the resolution for this issue from IWM: si_51_build_5103_hotfix_1.jar
For FAQs on downloading an iFix from the IWM site, see the following documentation:
Signup and Software Download Support
c. Install the iFix on each node in your test environment and run your regression tests against it. Remember that applying this iFix will require a node outage.
For instructions on installing an iFix, see the "Install a Hot-Fix" section of the Sterling B2B Integrator 5.1 Installation and Upgrade documentation:
Sterling Integrator 5.1 Installation and Upgrade Documentation
- If you downloaded and installed fix pack 5103 and are running on a customer-specific iFix, contact your local IBM Customer Support immediately to receive an updated iFix for your specific implementation. DO NOT install the generally available iFix from IWM as it may remove any individual fixes that have been provided for your implementation.
APAR Documentation on Support Portal
For additional details on this fix, refer to APAR number IC88509 on the Support Portal site:
IC88509: AS2 THROWS ERROR WHEN CLICKING NEXT AND BACK AND AGAIN NEXT WHEN WE CHANGE THE IDENTITY NAME
Fix pack 5103
Incorrect "DuplicateAS2Identifier" error is displayed when creating AS2 partners using the radio button "Use Existing Identity", after applying 5103 fix pack.
Problems (APARS) fixed