IBM Rational Method Composer Fix Pack 1 (126.96.36.199) for version 7.5.2 contains new features, enhancements, and fixes to version 7.5.2.
|Release information||A description of the new features, known restrictions and links to other important information.|
|Detailed System Requirements||A detailed list of the supported hardware, operating systems and information related to IBM and third party software requirements.|
|Information Center||Browse or search on-line information related to the deployment, configuration and usage of the product.|
Note: You do not need to download the compressed files that contain the update; IBM Installation Manager downloads and installs the update directly from the IBM update repository.
To update Rational Method Composer to version 188.8.131.52 using IBM Installation Manager (On-line update):
- Close Rational Method Composer.
- Start the IBM Installation Manager by selecting Start > All Programs > IBM Installation Manager > IBM Installation Manager.
- Click Update. The Installation Manager checks for updates. If a new version of Installation Manager is available, you must install it before you can continue the Rational Method Composer installation. Click Yes at prompt to update Installation Manager. If your Installation Manager is current, go to step 5.
- Click OK at the prompt to restart Installation Manager. Click Update.
- On the Update Packages page, select IBM Rational Method Composer 7.5. Click Next.
- On the "Select the updates for fixes to install" page, verify the Version 184.108.40.206 check box is selected. Click Next.
- Accept the license agreement and click Next.
- On the "Select features you want to install" page, click Next.
- On the "Review summary information" page, click Update.
- When the update is completed and you are informed that packages were installed successfully, click Finish to close the Update Packages windows.
- Exit the IBM Installation Manager.
- Confirm the update was successful by using the Help menu in Rational Method Composer and selecting About IBM Rational Method Composer. You should see: Version: 220.127.116.11.
If you download and install this fix pack locally, follow these steps:
- From the "Download Package" section below, download rmc7521.update.zip.
- Extract rmc7521.update.zip to a folder, <TARGET_DIR>.
- Launch IBM Installation Manager.
- Select File > Preferences and click Add Repository.
- Enter the location <TARGET_DIR>\disk1 and select diskTag.inf in the Add Repository window and click OK.
- Click OK to close the Preferences window.
- Click Update on the main Installation Manager screen and update Rational Method Composer V7.5.2 by following step 5 of the on-line update procedure.
Removing the fix pack
If you updated a previously installed version to version 7.5.x, you can revert to the previous version by using the roll back feature of Installation Manager.
The rollback feature uninstalls the updated resources and reinstalls the resources from the previous version. You can only roll back one version level at a time.
To remove the update:
- Close Rational Method Composer.
- Start the IBM Installation Manager by selecting Start > All Programs > IBM Installation Manager.
- Click Roll Back to display the Roll Back Packages window.
- On the " Select the packages you want to roll back to" page, select a version that has been installed on your machine to roll back, and then click Next.
- On the " Review rollback information" page, click Roll Back. A progress bar is displayed.
- When the update completes and you are informed that packages were rolled back successfully, click Finish to close the Update Packages windows.
- Exit IBM Installation Manager.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|Fix Central||21 Dec 2012||English||1909163130||HTTP|
IBM Rational Software Support Communities
Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance:
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
If you have helpful information to diagnose or identify the problem on your system, you can provide this data by following the instructions to exchange information with IBM Technical Support.
Problems (APARS) fixed
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.