IBM Rational Asset Manager 18.104.22.168 has been made generally available and contains fixes to version 7.5.1 including all predecessor fix packs.
|This section provides an overview on what is new in this release with a description of any new functions or enhancements when applicable.|
|This section provides information related to the impact of this release to allow you to assess how your environment may be affected.|
|This section provides important information to review prior to the installation of this release.|
|This section provides the direct link to obtain the download package for installation in your environment.|
|This section provides the installation instructions necessary to apply this release into your environment.|
|This section contains a link to the known problems (open defects) identified at the time of this release.|
|Click to review the detailed system requirements information for a complete list of hardware requirements, supported operating systems, prerequisites and optional supported software, with component-level details and operating system restrictions.|
|The information center provides you with user assistance for the product. You can view, browse, and search online information related to the product. You can also visit IBM Product information page the to browse for additional information centers.|
|Click to review a complete list of the defects (APARs) resolved in this release including a list of resolved defects for the entire version family.|
For Windows, Linux, or AIX, you must use Installation Manager, version 1.6.1 or later to install this update. If you have an earlier version, Installation Manager will attempt to update itself to the latest version when you update Rational Asset Manager.
- To use Installation Manager for AIX, you must use a graphical user interface (GUI). If you do not have access to a GUI, you must install the update silently by using the command line with response scripts or install using console mode
- For information about working with Installation Manager, visit the Installation Manager information center at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/install/v1r6/index.jsp.
- For information about the Installation Manager, version 1.6.1 release or to download the compressed file for local installation, see: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24033458
If you have Internet access, you can use Installation Manager to locate and install the updates directly from the IBM update repository for Rational Asset Manager, version 22.214.171.124.
Important: When Rational Asset Manager is installed, the location of its update repository is automatically embedded in Installation Manager. For Installation Manager to search the default update repository, the preference Search the linked repositories during installation and updates on the Repositories preference page must be selected. This preference is selected by default.
To install the product from a different repository location (for example, if the product is available on a shared drive or HTTP or HTTPS server), you must add the repository location in Installation Manager.
You must have sufficient disk space to store and extract the compressed files.
- Download the interim fix pack from the download URL or URLs below.
- Extract the compressed files to an appropriate directory. For example, extract to C:\temp\updates. All compressed files must be extracted to the same directory.
- Add the interim fix pack's repository location in IBM Installation Manager:
- Start IBM Installation Manager.
- On the Start page of Installation Manager, click File > Preferences, and then click Repositories. The Repositories page opens.
- On the Repositories page, click Add Repository.
- In the Add repository window, enter the URL of the repository location or browse to it and enter a file path, and then click OK.
For example, browse to or enter the file path to the diskTag.inf file, which is located in the disk1 sub-directory in the directory where you extracted the compressed files - C:\temp\updates\disk1\diskTag.inf
- Click OK to close the Preference page.
Note: When updating from a local repository, Installation Manager might prompt you for the location of the repository for Rational Asset Manager, version 7.5.1. If you installed the product from CDs or other media, they must be available when you use the update feature.
The following sections provide detailed information related to this release.
How critical is this fix?
|This release is a maintenance release of Rational Asset Manager 7.5.1. It contains fixes for client-reported and internally found defects.|
Click the Fix List link in the table of contents above to review a list of the problems solved in this release.
Known side effects
|PM84915||Documentation inconsistency on the page "Set an asset attribute"|
|PM84904||After approving an asset, RAM Eclipse Client cannot move the asset to the next state.|
|PM84584||QUERY_FIELD_VERSION is a exact match field so the search string needs to be in quotes|
Review the Known problems section of the Rational Asset Manager, Version 126.96.36.199 release information document for a list of additional known issues in this release.
Review the About this release section of the Rational Asset Manager, Version 188.8.131.52 release information document for a brief description of the new features added in this release.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is Fix Central (FC)?
|Rational Asset Manager 184.108.40.206||29 Mar 2013||English||1||FC|
IBM Rational Software Support Communities
Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance:
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
If you have helpful information to diagnose or identify the problem on your system, you can provide this data by following the instructions to exchange information with IBM Technical Support.
Problems (APARS) fixed