IBM Rational Functional Tester 188.8.131.52 has been made generally available and contains fixes to version 8.3 including all predecessor fix packs.
|This section provides an overview on what is new in this release with a description of any new functions or enhancements when applicable.|
|This section provides information related to the impact of this release to allow you to assess how your environment may be affected.|
|This section provides important information to review prior to the installation of this release.|
|This section provides the direct link to obtain the download package for installation in your environment.|
|This section provides the installation instructions necessary to apply this release into your environment.|
|This section contains a link to the known problems (open defects) identified at the time of this release.|
|Click to review the detailed system requirements information for a complete list of hardware requirements, supported operating systems, prerequisites and optional supported software, with component-level details and operating system restrictions.|
|The information center provides you with user assistance for the product. You can view, browse, and search online information related to the product. You can also visit IBM Product information page the to browse for additional information centers.|
|Click to review a complete list of the defects (APARs) resolved in this release including a list of resolved defects for the entire version family.|
Installation Manager 1.6
For information about hardware and software requirements for Rational Functional Tester, version 8.3.0,1 see Installation requirements.
If you are installing or upgrading Rational Functional Tester on Microsoft Windows, to use the .NET Scripting feature, you must copy msvcp71.dll into the System32 directory (C:\Windows\System32), if it is not already available. You can copy the msvcp71.dll file from any other Windows operating system such as Windows XP or download it from Internet.
Before you update Rational Functional Tester, close the Eclipse and Microsoft Visual Studio IDEs, as well as any open Web browsers, and all other applications that are enabled by Functional Tester.
Note: For details on the list of supported platforms on which IBM Rational Functional Tester can be installed, see Supplement for supported platforms.
- Using IBM Installation Manager
If IBM Rational Functional Tester, Version 8.3 is already installed on your computer, you can install this update using the Update Packages wizard in IBM Installation Manager.
- Local upgrade of an existing installation
- Download the Rational Functional Tester 184.108.40.206 fix pack from the location specified at the bottom of this page.
- Extract the files to a temporary directory. For example, extract the file to
- In the IBM Installation Manager click File > Preferences and add the temporary directory to the list of repositories, for example,
- Use the Update Packages wizard of the Installation Manager to proceed with the update.
|Rational Functional Tester 220.127.116.11 Release Notes||English||24849|
|Rational Functional Tester 18.104.22.168 Installation Guide||English||7742|
The following sections provide detailed information related to this release.
How critical is this fix?
|This release is a maintenance release of Rational Functional Tester 8.3. It contains fixes for client-reported and internally found defects.|
Click the Fix List link in the table of contents above to review a list of the problems solved in this release.
Known side effects
|PM77402||When multiple JREs are installed, Rational Functional Tester uses the latest JRE version even if the version is not enabled.|
|PM77957||Properties verification points do not show all the children in Microsoft Windows or .NET domains.|
|PM76201||The TextNode is enumerated differently in Rational Functional Tester version 8.2.2.|
|PM77401||The getDomains() method does not return the correct domain with manual and automatic enablement of environments.|
|PM77594||It is not possible to open datapools on Japanese versions of Rational Functional Tester Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Integration.|
|PM74996||Incorrect menu options are mentioned in browser enablement tests when enablement fails.|
|PM77056||The XML playback result log filters do not work.|
|PM77064||Rational Functional Tester fails to find the browser window when the Thunderbird client is open.|
|PM79180||Playback fails in Mozilla Firefox 10.0 browsers for controls inside iFrames.|
- Enhanced Google Chrome browser support: The IBM Rational Functional Tester for Google Chrome™ extension is available on the Google Chrome Web Store.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10.0 support: Rational Functional Tester supports testing of HTML applications that are loaded in Internet Explorer 10.0 browsers.
- PowerBuilder 12.5 support: Rational Functional Tester supports the testing of PowerBuilder 12.5 applications.
- Support for Verification Point Comparator for playback logs of scripts played back through Rational Quality Manager: You can edit verification point data by editing the baseline values or replacing them with actual values when you open the Verification Point Comparator from the detailed logs of scripts played back from IBM Rational Quality Manager.
- Proxy server support for the Rational Functional Tester adapter for IBM Rational Quality Manager: You can use the Rational Functional Tester adapter for Rational Quality Manager to connect to the Rational Quality Manager server through a proxy server.
- Siebel 8.2.2 support: Rational Functional Tester supports functional testing of Siebel 8.2.2 applications.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 Update 2 support: Rational Functional Tester supports functional testing on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 Server Update 2 operating system.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is Fix Central (FC)?
|Rational Functional Tester 22.214.171.124||19-Dec-12||English||1613309952||FC|
IBM Rational Software Support Communities
Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance:
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
If you have helpful information to diagnose or identify the problem on your system, you can provide this data by following the instructions to exchange information with IBM Technical Support.
Problems (APARS) fixed
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.