IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client Version 8.6 and IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client for .NET Version 8.6 are available for download on multiple operating systems.
Use IBM Installation Manager to download the following offerings:
- WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client in a stand-alone environment
- WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client for WebSphere Application Server Version 7
- WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client for WebSphere Application Server Version 8
Important: If you have a previous version of the client, an upgrade is not available. Use IBM Installation Manager to install the full version of the client.
IBM Installation Manager is not required to install the .NET client.
|WebSphere eXtreme Scale System Requirements||English||10000|
Installing the Java client
- Download and extract one or more of the following WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client offerings from this page:
Description File name WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client in a stand-alone environment image_xs_client.8600.zip WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client for WebSphere Application Server Version 7 image_xs_client_was7.8600.zip WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client for WebSphere Application Server Version 8 image_xs_client_was8.8600.zip
- Install IBM Installation Manager.
- Add the fix pack repository location in IBM Installation Manager:
- Start IBM Installation Manager.
- In Installation Manager, click File > Preferences > Repositories.
- Click Add Repository.
- Browse to or enter the file path to the repository.config file. The repository.config file is located in the directory where you extracted the compressed files.
- Use Installation Manager to install or upgrade the product from the local product repositories that you downloaded in step 1.
Installing the .NET client
You can install WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client in a .NET environment if you have applications that run in this framework.
Download the .NET client from this page. IBM Installation Manager is not required to install the .NET client. For more information, see Installing WebSphere eXtreme Scale Client for .NET in the information center.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is DD?
|V8.6 Standalone Client||30 Nov 2012||English||1641979534||FTP DD|
|V8.6 Client for WAS 7||30 Nov 2012||English||320349161||FTP DD|
|V8.6 Client for WAS 8||30 Nov 2012||English||348825745||FTP DD|
|V8.6. Client for .NET||30 Nov 2012||English||20400280||FTP DD|
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.