WebSphere Application Server V7 Feature Pack for OSGi Applications and Java Persistence API 2.0 Fix Pack 9 for distributed platforms, also known as OSGi & JPA Fix Pack 22.214.171.124
OSGi & JPA Feature Pack Fix Pack 126.96.36.199 is now available for your download through FTP and DD links by going to the Download Package section of this document. The ZIP files in the Download Package section below can be used for setting up a local repository to install OSGi & JPA Feature Pack Fix Pack 188.8.131.52 using IBM Installation Manager.
WebSphere Application Server feature packs are a mechanism for providing major new application server function between product releases. By delivering new functions and support for industry standards between product releases, you can more quickly explore and implement new technologies within your business applications in today's rapidly changing business environments.
WebSphere Application Server V7 Feature Pack for OSGi Applications and Java Persistence API 2.0 enables productivity through a simplified component model and delivers enhanced performance through new relational database access standards. For more details, visit the product documentation for OSGi and JPA Feature Pack.
OSGi & JPA V184.108.40.206 local repository
WebSphere Application Server V7.0 local import repository
OSGi & JPA V1.0 local import repository
Known side effects
- After installing WebSphere Application Server V7 Feature Pack for OSGi Applications and Java Persistence API 2.0 version 220.127.116.11, the administrative console does not display the Environment -> OSGi bundle repositories section. This issue can be resolved by installing iFIX PM81183.
- 21 Jan 2013: Published for OSGi & JPA Fix Pack 9 (18.104.22.168)
- 24 Jan 2013: Updated with download information for iFIX PM81183
1. Install WebSphere Application Server Version 22.214.171.124.
2. Install IBM Installation Manager. OSGi & JPA Feature Pack needs to be installed by Installation Manager rather than by the programs based on InstallShield MultiPlatform (ISMP) that are used to install, update, and uninstall previous versions of WebSphere Application Server. You can download and unpack a compressed file containing the Installation Manager appropriate for your operating system from the IBM Installation Manager Web site. You can then install IBM Installation Manager on your local system and use it to import WebSphere Application Server Version 7.0 as well as to install the feature pack from the Web-based repositories.
3. If you are using local repository for your installation, IBM Installation Manager must point to XML local import repository in order to apply any future maintenance. It is available for download form the Download package section of this document.
4. The operating system requirements for a feature pack are the same as for the application server installation. However, you need to ensure that you have enough free disk space to install the feature pack onto the application server installation.
|Detailed System Requirements||US English||100|
|IBM Installation Manager||US English||100|
Perform the following tasks to install Feature Pack for OSGi & JPA Version 126.96.36.199 on WebSphere Application Server Version 188.8.131.52:
- Install WebSphere Application Server V7.0.
- Install WebSphere Application Server Fix Pack 184.108.40.206 using the Update Installer.
- Install IBM Installation Manager. You can download and unpack a compressed file containing the Installation Manager appropriate for your operating system from the IBM Installation Manager Web site. Start IBM Installation Manager.
- Import WebSphere Application Server into Installation Manager. Make sure to stop all servers and applications on the WebSphere Application Server installation that is being imported.
- Install Feature Pack for OSGi and JPA Version 1.0.0 using IBM Installation Manager. This can be done by using either Web-based Repository or Local Repository. Whenever possible, you should use the remote Web-based repositories so that you are accessing the most up-to-date WebSphere Application Server base-product import and feature pack installation files. The feature-pack version of IBM Installation Manager is preconfigured to use both the local repositories (if they are set up) and the remote repositories.
- Install OSGi and JPA Fix Pack 220.127.116.11 using Update option on IBM Installation Manager main page. This can also be done by using either Web-based Repository or Local Repository.
For detailed instructions on installing the feature pack on distributed operating systems using the GUI as well as instructions on using remote Web-based repositories and local repositories, you can visit Installing the feature pack on distributed operating systems using the GUI Link.
- Download location for WebSphere Application Server Fix Pack 18.104.22.168
- Download location for IBM Installation Manager
- Download location for IBM Update Installer 7.0 for WebSphere
For details on problems fixed in Fix Pack 9, refer to the Fix list for OSGi and JPA Feature Pack document below:
|Fix list for Feature Pack for OSGi and JPA||US English||100|
Contact 1-800-IBM-SERV (U.S. only) or visit the WebSphere Application Server Support site.
|Application Servers||WebSphere Application Server||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows||7.0|