Download WebSphere eXtreme Scale Version 8.6
This document describes how to download and assemble IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale Version 8.6 using the Passport Advantage® Online website.
IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale is an elastic, scalable in-memory data grid that provides a key-addressable store of values or graphs. This product supports a processing unit state store for applications written in Java. You can replicate the data stored in the grid depending on availability requirements, and you can achieve out-of-the-box database integration.
WebSphere eXtreme Scale can be integrated with existing WebSphere Application Server and WebSphere Application Server, Network Deployment installations or you can install the product separately, supporting both Java Platform, Standard Edition and Java Platform, Enterprise Edition application environments.
To access a wide variety of technical resources for this product, see the IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale Version 8.6 Information Center.
- Approximately 1.1 GB of disk space to store the required downloadable parts
- Approximately 1.1 GB of disk space to unpack the parts
- Approximately 400 MB of disk space to install the product
- Approximately 100 MB of space in the tmp directory to run the installation program
For more detailed information, see the WebSphere eXtreme Scale system requirements document.
WebSphere Application Server requirements
- WebSphere Application Server Version 22.214.171.124 or later
- WebSphere Application Server Version 126.96.36.199 or later
- WebSphere Application Server Version 188.8.131.52 or later
|Detailed system requirements||English||6215|
Downloading and assembling the product with the Passport Advantage repository
1. Install and start IBM Installation Manager.
2. Set the Passport Advantage preferences in IBM Installation Manager.
- Select the Connect to Passport Advantage check box to connect to the Passport Advantage repository. The Password Required window opens.
- Enter a user name and password for Passport Advantage.
- Optional: Select Save password to save the user name and password credentials. If you do not save the user name and password credentials, you are prompted for these credentials each time you access Passport Advantage.
- Click OK to close the Password Required window.
- Click OK to close the Preferences window.
- Click Install in IBM Installation Manager.
The following WebSphere eXtreme Scale product images are available for you to install for Version 8.6:
|WebSphere eXtreme Scale Version 8.6 Quick Start Guide|
|WebSphere eXtreme Scale Version 8.6 installation image|
About the installation image:
When you download the WebSphere eXtreme Scale Version 8.6 installation image, the following product offerings are included:
|WebSphere eXtreme Scale in a stand-alone environment|
|WebSphere eXtreme Scale for WebSphere Application Server Version 7|
|WebSphere eXtreme Scale for WebSphere Application Server Version 8|
|Quick Start Guide||English||184320|
Passport Advantage Online support at http://www.ibm.com/software/howtobuy/passportadvantage/paocustomer/docs/en_US/ecare.html
WebSphere Portal Server support at http://www.ibm.com/software/genservers/portal/support
More support for:
WebSphere eXtreme Scale
Software version: 8.5, 184.108.40.206, 8.6
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS
Reference #: 4033719
Modified date: 30 November 2012