Rational Software Architect Extension for Design Management Interim Fix 1 for 4
IBM Rational Software Architect Extension for Design Management 4.0 Interim Fix 001 has been made generally available and contains fixes to version 4.0.
|This section provides an overview on what is new in this release with a description of any new function or enhancement when applicable.|
|This section provides a list of the problems fixed in this release.|
|This section provides information related to the impact of this release to allow you to assess how your environment might be affected.|
|This section provides important information to review prior to the installation of this release.|
|This section provides the direct link to obtain the download package for installation in your environment.|
|This section provides the installation instructions necessary to apply this release into your environment.|
|This section contains a link to the known problems (open defects) identified at the time of this release.|
|Click the link to navigate to the system requirement report page. To run the report, select your Product, Version and Operating System.
Note: Choose the parent version of your product to see the system requirements for interim fix or fix pack releases. For example, for 4.0 iFix 001, select the 4.0 version in the report.
|The information center provides you with user assistance for Rational Software Design Management. You can view, browse, and search online information related to the product.|
|Rational Software Architect Extension for Design Management adds Jazz server-based Design Management capabilities to Rational Software Architect. It helps teams manage changes, collaborate on, trace, review, search, and document their architecture designs. With Design management, teams can easily manage changes to their designs and avoid conflicts with design-aware change control operations. Teams can collaborate with peers and stakeholders, and review models by using the web client or by using Rational Software Architect client extension. Teams can also use the linked data capabilities of the Design Management server to establish lifecycle traceability between design artifacts and other lifecycle artifacts, such as requirements and work items.|
This Jazz.net page provides important information to review prior to the installation of the version 4.0 release.
You can install this interim fix of the product as an update to an existing installation of version 4.0 by using the Update Packages wizard in IBM Installation Manager.
Restrictions for installing the interim fix as an update:
Install the Interim Fix as an update to Rational Software Architect Extension for Design Management, Version 4.0:
- Start IBM Installation Manager.
- On the Start page of Installation Manager, click Update.
- If a new version of Installation Manager is found, you are prompted to confirm that you want to install it before you can continue. Click OK to proceed. Installation Manager automatically installs the new version, stops, restarts, and resumes.
- In the Update packages wizard, select the Installed Location for the product and click Next. Installation Manager searches for updates in the product repository on the Web, as well as any repository locations that you entered. A progress indicator shows the search is taking place.
- By default, recommended updates are displayed and selected on the Update Package page. Ensure that you select Version 4.0 iFix001 for the product and then click Next.
- On the Licenses page, read the license agreements for the selected updates. On the left side of the License page, the list of licenses for the updates you selected is displayed; click each item to display the license agreement text. If you agree to the terms of all the license agreements, click I accept the terms of the license agreements and click Next.
- On the Features page, select the features that you want to update and complete the following steps:
- To learn more about a feature, click the feature and review the brief description under Details.
- If you want to see the dependency relationships between features, select Show Dependencies. When you click a feature, any features that depend on it and any features that are its dependents are shown in the Dependencies window. As you select or exclude features in the packages, Installation Manager will automatically enforce any dependencies with other features and display updated download size and disk space requirements for the installation.
- Click Next.
- On the Summary page, review information displayed, and then click Update. A progress indicator shows the percentage of the installation completed.
- When the update process completes, a message that confirms the success of the process is displayed near the top of the page. Click View log file to open the log file for the current session in a new window. You must close the Installation Log window to continue.
Important: By default, you do not need to download the compressed files that contain the interim fix; the interim fix is downloaded and installed by IBM Installation Manager directly from the IBM update repository.
To download and install the interim fix from the compressed files :
- Download the interim fix files from Fix Central by following the link listed in the download table below.
- Extract the compressed files in an appropriate directory. For example, choose to extract to C:\temp\update.
- Add the interim fix's repository location in IBM Installation Manager:
- Start IBM Installation Manager.
- On the Start page of Installation Manager, click File > Preferences, and then click Repositories.
- On the Repositories page, click Add Repository.
- In the Add repository window, browse to or enter the file path to the diskTag.inf file, which is located in the disk1 sub-directory in the directory where you extracted the compressed files and then click OK. For example, enter C:\temp\updates\disk1\diskTag.inf.
- Click OK to close the Preference page.
- Install the interim fix as described in the Installation instructions section.
How critical is this fix?
|This release is an interim fix release of Rational Software Architect Extension for Design Management, Version 4.0.|
Known side effects
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is Fix Central(FC)?
|4.0 Interim Fix 001 on Fix Central||5 Oct 2012||English||1||FC|
IBM Rational Software Support Communities
Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance:
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
If you have helpful information to diagnose or identify the problem on your system, you can provide this data by following the instructions to exchange information with IBM Technical Support.
More support for:
Rational Software Architect Design Manager
Software version: 4.0
Operating system(s): Linux, Windows
Reference #: 4033590
Modified date: 22 May 2014