This document describes how to download and install IBM Netcool Network Management V9.2 using the Passport Advantage website.
Netcool Network Management provides network discovery and event and network management, including identification and resolution of root-causes and system, network, and service failures, and configuration management capabilities for network devices. Inventory and connectivity data is integrated with IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus event data. Network management staff can visualize and understand the layout of complex networks and the impact of network events and failures, and work with events to locate, diagnose, and solve network problems in real time.
Netcool Network Management consists of the following products: IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4, IBM Tivoli Network Manager IP Edition V3.9, and IBM Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager V6.4.
The libraries of publications for the products in Netcool Network Management are available from this website: IBM Tivoli Network Management Information Center.
Downloading and assembling the product
- Navigate your browser to the Find Downloads and Media page on the IBM Passport Advantage Online website. You must log on to continue.
- Select the Find by part number search option under Download finder options.
- Search for each downloadable image by part number (parts are listed and described by operating system in the tabbed section of this document).
- Download all of the parts that you need.
- Unpack each of the parts into a single temporary directory on your system. If you want to install Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus as part of the Network Manager installation process, you must download the Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus installation package to a specific location and point the Network Manager installer to that location. Do not extract or rename the Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus installation package.
- Open the Quick Start image and follow the instructions in the Quick Start Guide to install the base product.
Supported operating systems
Netcool Configuration Manager V6.4 is not supported on Windows operating systems. Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4 and Network Manager IP Edition V3.9 are supported on Windows operating systems.
See the Software Product Compatibility Reports website for the Windows operating systems on which Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus is supported.
See the Network Manager IP Edition information center website for the Windows operating systems on which Network Manager IP Edition is supported.
There are downloadable parts for the base products and components. Refer to the links below for details about what each part contains. These parts are contained in the eAssembly CRL04ML.
Parts for Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4
For the downloadable parts for Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4 on Windows operating systems, see www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3120&uid=swg24033298.
Parts for Network Manager IP Edition V3.9
For the downloadable parts for Network Manager IP Edition V3.9 on Windows operating systems, see http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24028953.
Quick Start Guide
The Quick Start Guide is available for download in the eAssembly CRG6HML, which contains the following part.
- November 30, 2012: First release of this document.
|IBM Netcool Network Management V9.2||English||1|
|Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4||English||1|
|Tivoli Network Manager IP Edition V3.9||English||1|
|Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager V6.4||English||1|
Follow the instructions in the Quick Start Guide to install the product. You can find the Quick Start Guide at www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3120&uid=swg27036638.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|IBM Passport Advantage Online||30 Nov 2012||English||1||HTTP|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli Network Manager IP Edition||AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows||3.9|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager||Linux, Solaris, AIX||6.4|