Fix Pack 184.108.40.206 for IBM Worklight provides fixes to the V5.0 release.
The goal of the 220.127.116.11 fix pack is to respond to various customer issues, fix authentication performance and respond to Google's introduction of their new push notification mechanism.
- Support for the new Google push notification mechanism called "GCM". The old model called "C2DM" has been deprecated by Google.
- Improved authentication protocol. The goal is to reduce the number of round-trips between client and server and allow flexibility when defining the various Worklight security settings.
- The change requires various changes to application definition files. These files are automatically upgraded when the project is opened for the first time in the new Eclipse studio. Find more details at the following site: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27036063
- There is a change in the wire protocol between client and server. A 18.104.22.168 (or earlier) server cannot be accessed from a 22.214.171.124 client and vice versa. Such mobile-client access would result in a "Deny App" message.
- The IBM Installation manager now automatically configures all combinations of Application Server (Tomcat, Liberty and WebSphere Application Server) and Database (MySQL, Oracle, DB2). Reminder: This relates to server installation rather than the development environment.
- Ability to get a reference to an HTTP request object in an adapter procedure.
- It is now possible to add headers to requests made to the Worklight server.
- It is now possible to see the headers of an HTTP response from the back end in adapters.
Bug Fix Highlights
- Worklight console username/password protection has been fixed
- Exception is thrown when using Authentication on WebSphere Application Server
- Fixed UTF-8 issues on adapters
- Loading a fragment fails on Windows Phone
- Worklight deploy fails if the application size is greater than 16 MB
- Blackberry environment does not build if hyphens are in the file name
- Worklight Studio is not functional if installed after Android ADT 20
- Multiple NoClassDefFoundError errors after installing the Developer Edition from Marketplace
An archive (zip) file version of the fix pack is available on IBM Fix Central, but those with Passport Advantage also have the choice of installing directly from the IBM website. The Worklight Studio component of the fix pack is also available as an Eclipse update site (P2). See the following web site for installation instructions: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27028172.
|Mobile- Speech and Enterprise Access||IBM Mobile Foundation||Not Applicable||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris, Windows||5.0||Consumer, Enterprise|
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.