IBM Rational Developer for System z 8.5.1 has been made generally available and contains fixes to version 8.5 and 126.96.36.199 including all predecessor fix packs.
|This section provides an overview on what is new in this release with a description of any new functions or enhancements when applicable.|
|This section provides information related to the impact of this release to allow you to assess how your environment may be affected.|
|This section provides important information to review prior to the installation of this release.|
|This section provides the direct link to obtain the download package for installation in your environment.|
|This section provides the installation instructions necessary to apply this release into your environment.|
|This section contains a link to the known problems (open defects) identified at the time of this release.|
|Click the link to navigate to the system requirement report page. To run the report, select your Product, Version and Operating System.
Note: Choose the parent version of your product to see the system requirements for fix pack releases.
|Click to browse for the version of your product information center available on the product information library page.|
|Click to review a complete list of the defects (APARs) resolved in this release including a list of resolved defects for the entire version family.|
|Click to review the download information for the Rational Developer for System z host component.|
This release requires IBM Installation Manager, Version 1.5.2 or later.
Note: If you disabled any product features by modifying the feature.xml files or through the Update Manager by clicking Help > Software Updates > Manage Configuration in the workbench, you must enable them before you install this update.
This Refresh Pack is provided as an update and installed using IBM Installation Manager. You can install the update directly from the IBM update server or download an archive file that contains the update and then use IBM Installation Manager to perform local installations.
It is recommended that the install is performed by connecting to the IBM update server, but an archive file that contains the update is available for those who may need it for the following reasons:
- Would like to download Rational Developer for System z Refresh Pack V8.5.1, but install at a later time.
- Have slow or unstable internet connections and would like to use a download manager with resume capability.
- Have trouble accessing the live IBM update server from behind firewalls.
- Are site administrators for a group of developers who do not have direct access to the internet.
- Download the RDz850RefreshPack851.zip file from the support website.
- Unzip RDz850RefreshPack851.zip to a folder on your system. These files are temporary and may be deleted after the installation is completed.
- Follow the installation instructions using the executable file.
The following sections provide detailed information related to this release.
How critical is this fix?
|This release is a refresh release of Rational Developer for System z. It contains new features as well as fixes for client-reported and internally found defects.|
Click the Fix List link in the table of contents above to review a list of the problems solved in this release.
Known side effects
In addition to the listed feature below, the Rational Developer for System z Information Center contains a list of new features under the "What is new in this release topic".
- A preference has been added to specify the maximum number of real-time syntax warning annotations that can be reported while using the COBOL or PL/I editors. This enhancement improves performance during edit. Valid values for the preference is an integer between 1 and 200.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is Fix Central(FC)?
|8.5.1 Refresh Pack Download||26 Nov 2012||English||1101314556||FC|
IBM Rational Software Support Communities
Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance:
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
If you have helpful information to diagnose or identify the problem on your system, you can provide this data by following the instructions to exchange information with IBM Technical Support.
Problems (APARS) fixed