IBM Problem Determination Tools Studio provides a graphical user interface to the IBM Problem Determination Tools for z/OS family of products.
IBM Problem Determination Tools Studio provides easy access through a graphical user interface (GUI) on the workstation to the power of the IBM Problem Determination Tools for z/OS family of products -- IBM Application Performance Analyzer for z/OS, IBM Debug Tool for z/OS, IBM Fault Analyzer for z/OS, IBM File Manager for z/OS, and IBM Workload Simulator for z/OS & OS/390.
IBM Problem Determination Tools Studio is a standalone Eclipse-based environment that contains the capability found in each of the individual plug-ins for Application Performance Analyzer, Debug Tool, Fault Analyzer, File Manager, and Workload Simulator, including:
- With Application Performance Analyzer, it can be used for submitting new observation requests and navigating performance analysis reports.
- With Debug Tool, it helps debug load modules running on z/OS, including those run in CICS, DB2, IMS.
- With Fault Analyzer, it can access problem reports for diagnosing mainframe application errors and ABENDs.
- With File Manager, it is an interface to a set of tools for manipulating and browsing data stored in various z/OS resources including data sets, USS files, and MQ queues.
- With Workload Simulator, it helps manage the test process and automatically generate Workload Simulator scripts and networks.
- Also included is the z/OS Explorer component that provides:
- A consistent experience for managing common connections. Users are prompted only once per session for userid and password. Login details can be associated with multiple connections.
- A perspective, views, and APIs included to list, create, edit, and control z/OS datasets, PDS datasets, zFS files and paths and to submit jobs and view JES spool output.
- V126.96.36.199 (03 May 2013) - Latest release
- FM: Fix for APAR PM86798.
- FM: Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- V188.8.131.52 (22 March 2013)
- FM: Enhancement APAR PM83408.
- Enhancement to support specification of CCSIDs. Need to apply File Manager PTF for APAR PM80526.
- Member template listing in Systems Information view and Properties view.
- Systems Information view performance enhancements and usability improvements.
- Improved server/client version mismatch reporting.
- User names retrieved from Rational Developer for System z are uppercased.
- FM: Fix for APAR PM82153.
- FA: Added support for viewing IDITRACE logs
- FA: Added Side File Data Set descriptions to documentation
- FA: PM81890 - Fixed caching of Fault reports after performing a refresh
- FM: Enhancement APAR PM83408.
- V184.108.40.206 (20 December 2012)
- FM: Fix for APAR PM79469.
- FM: Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- V220.127.116.11 (14 December 2012)
- Updates for supporting CICS V5.1 release and CICS Explorer V5.1.
- FM: Improved navigation for the compiler options setting.
- FM: Cursor navigation improvement for the formatted editor in view mode.
- DT: Bug fixes, enhancements and matches up with newest Rational Developer for System z release.
- DT: The DTCN plugin now supports multiple profiles. Users can select one of several local profiles and activate it as the server profile.
- V18.104.22.168 (28 November 2012)
- FM: Added cursor navigation support in the formatted editor
- FM: Added compiler listing retrieval support when the formatted editor fails to start due to compiler errors for the specified template
- FM: Fixed a problem with Find/Change command when viewing data in the formatted editor
- FM: Fixed a problem with SAVE AS action in the formatted editor
- FM: Fixed a problem with updating values of CICS files
- FM: Enhanced server/client compatibility issue reporting
- V22.214.171.124 (07 November 2012) - Latest release
- APA: Allow the user to select the location of the local APA reports repository.
- APA: In local mode (i.e., not connected to APA for z/OS), allow access to local reports or started tasks that are not currently active.
- DT: Provide a method to enable secured communication via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) between CICS DTCN plugin and the z/OS system.
- DT: Miscellaneous bug fixes of DTCN and DTSP plugins
- FA: Improved download performance
- FA: Added support for copy, move and delete fault entry actions
- FA: Fixed orphaned temporary file
- FA: Added report printing
- FA: Added highlighting for locally cached fault entries deleted on host
- FA: Added headings for collapsed sections
- FA: Larger marker edit box for marker creation
- FA: Added preference page options for usernote colour
- FA: Improved large history file performance
- FM: Improved navigation and data entry when using the formatted editor.
- FM: Export data from FM/Base and FM/DB2 resources to a desktop file in XML/CSV format.
- FM: Create a PDS/PDSE member action added.
- FM: DB2 SQL command console for authoring and executing SQL statements.
- FM: DB2 command console for authoring and executing DB2 commands.
- FM: Systems Information view tree-navigation improvement. Added scrolling support when a query returns a large result.
- FM: Overall performance improvement.
- FM: Multi-layout dynamic template support.
- FM: Added XML options for FM copy utility function.
- FM: Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Common: Added connection and server problem diagnostic utility function.
- V126.96.36.199 (31 August 2012) - Initial release
The following minimum hardware levels are required:
- CPU - 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, dual or quad core recommended
- RAM - 2.0 GB minimum, 3.0 GB recommended
- Hard disk - at least 500 MB available space
The following software is also required:
- Any combination of one or more of the following IBM Problem Determination Tools for z/OS products:
- One of the following levels of the Microsoft Windows operating system:
- Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 32-bit
1. Review the "System requirements and prerequisites" section in the Readme PDF (available below) and verify that you have met all the requirements and installed all the prerequisites.
2. Click on the HTTP link (in Download table, below) and save the zip file to your local machine.
3. Extract the contents of the zip file into a folder of your choice. Ensure that the directory you choose does not contain any other files.
4. Review the "Installing IBM Problem Determination Tools Studio" section of the Readme PDF for any further instructions on how to complete the installation.
5. To start the Problem Determination Tools Studio, double-click the file PD_Tools.exe from where you extracted the install zip file.
6. Review the "Getting Started with IBM Problem Determination Tools Studio" section of the Readme PDF for any further instructions on how to begin using Problem Determination Tools Studio.
7. The Problem Determination Tools Studio help documentation is integrated with it and includes a basic overview and first steps on configuring a connection on the welcome screen. More detailed help can be found by selecting "Help Content" from the Help drop-down menu.
|Readme PDF||US English||143360|
Note that, aside from the LANGUAGE column defined in the download table below, this plug-in supports the following languages:
- US English
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|PD Tools Studio||3 May 2013||US English||285106176||HTTP|
IBM Problem Determination Tools Studio is available at no charge to all licensed users of any of the following five IBM Problem Determination Tools for z/OS products:
- IBM Application Performance Analyzer for z/OS V12.1, or later
- IBM Debug Tool for z/OS V12.1, or later
- IBM Fault Analyzer for z/OS, V12.1, or later
- IBM File Manager for z/OS V12.1, or later
- IBM Workload Simulator for z/OS & OS/390 V1.1, or later
IBM Problem Determination Tools Studio is supplied under the standard terms and conditions of the IBM International Program License Agreement (IPLA) and of the associated License Information and other documentation, and provides a defect correction entitlement for those licensed users entitled to service for any of the IBM Problem Determination Tools for z/OS products listed above. Service is available for IBM Problem Determination Tools Studio for as long as the IBM Problem Determination Tools for z/OS product which IBM Problem Determination Tools Studio is to be used with is generally supported by IBM. In addition, IBM reserves the right to discontinue service on IBM Problem Determination Tools Studio when it is withdrawn from marketing by IBM. Please reference the IBM Problem Determination Tool for z/OS product that you are using as the entitled product when contacting IBM and requesting support for IBM Problem Determination Tools Studio.
|Software Development||Application Performance Analyzer for z/OS||Plug-in||Windows||12.1|
|Software Development||Fault Analyzer for z/OS||Plug-in||Windows||12.1|
|Software Development||File Manager for z/OS||Plug-in||Windows||12.1|
|Software Development||Workload Simulator for z/OS and OS/390||Plug-in||z/OS||1.1|
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.