This document describes how to download the installation images for IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager for Space Management Version 6.4 using Passport Advantage® Online Web site.
This document describes how to download IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Version 6.4 installation images using the Passport Advantage Online Web site.
The Version 6.4 IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Space Management clients for AIX® and Linux® migrate files from your local file system to storage and recall them either automatically or selectively. Migrating files to a distributed storage device frees space for new data on your local file system, and takes advantage of lower-cost storage resources that are available in your network environment.
To access a wide variety of technical resources for this product, see the
Tivoli Storage Manager V6.4 Information Center.
Space requirements for AIX
- 735 MB of disk space to download the part, plus
- 1.1 GB of disk space to unpack the part.
- 800 MB of disk space for the installed AIX GPFS component; 750 MB of disk space for the installed AIX JFS component.
Space requirements for Linux
- 260 MB of disk space to download the part, plus
- 260 MB of disk space to unpack the part.
- 750 MB of disk space for the installed product.
Downloading and assembling the product:
- Download the part. The part number is listed in the "downloadable part" section of this document.
- Unpack the part.
- Follow the instructions in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Space Management for UNIX and Linux Quick Start Guide to install the product.
AIX supported platforms:
- AIX 6.1 on 64-bit architecture
- AIX 7.1 on 64-bit architecture
AIX downloadable part: CICF0ML.tar.gz
Linux supported platforms:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 on x86_64 architecture
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 on x86_64 architecture
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 on x86_64 architecture
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 on x86_64 architecture
The hardware and software requirements are explained in the following documents.
|HW/SW Requirements (AIX)||English||1|
|HW/SW Requirements (Linux)||English||1|
Retrieve a copy of the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Space Management for UNIX and Linux Quick Start Guide. The Quick Start Guide is available with the product and included on the Quick Start CD. The Quick Start Guide is also available for download in PDF format in all supported languages at the Web site listed below. Follow the instructions in the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Space Management for UNIX and Linux Quick Start Guide to install the product.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|Log on to Passport Advantage online for AIX packag||16 Nov 2012||English||16000||HTTP|
See the Passport Advantage Online support at eCustomer Care contact information.
For additional information, go to the following Web sites: