Rational License Key Server Interim Fix 1 for 8.1.3 for UNIX and Linux
IBM Rational License Key Server 8.1.3_iFix001 has been made generally available and contains fixes to version 8.1.3 for UNIX and Linux.
|This section provides an overview on what is new in this release with a description of any new functions or enhancements when applicable.|
|This section provides information related to the impact of this release to allow you to assess how your environment may be affected.|
|This section provides important information to review prior to the installation of this release.|
|This section provides the direct link to obtain the download package for installation in your environment.|
|This section provides the installation instructions necessary to apply this release into your environment.|
|This section contains a link to the known problems (open defects) identified at the time of this release.|
|Click the link to navigate to the system requirement report page. To run the report, select your Product, Version and Operating System.
Note: Choose the parent version of your product to see the system requirements for interim fix releases. For example, for 18.104.22.168_iFix001, select the 7.0.1 version in the report.
|Review the information center for more details on managing licenses for IBM Rational products.|
|Click to review a complete list of the defects (APARs) resolved in this release including a list of resolved defects for the entire version family.|
For information about Rational License Key Server 8.1.3 release, see the release notes.
The installation of IBM Rational License Key Server requires IBM Installation Manager 1.5.2 to be installed.
Note: You do not have to download Installation Manager separately. It is included with the fix pack available on the Fix Central web site.
For instructions on how to install and configure the Rational License Key Server on UNIX and Linux platforms, review the Configure the Rational License Key Server, in the Rational Common Licensing Information Center.
To install Rational License Key Server on UNIX platforms with a fix pack:
- Login to the Fix Central web site, select Rational Common Licensing from the Rational product group and click Continue.
- From the Identify fixes page, select Browse for fixes and click Continue.
- From Select fixes page, select IBM_RLKS_813_iFix_1 and click Continue.
- From the Download options page, select a download mode:
- Download Director
Note: If you use Download Director to download the files, you will receive bits for all the platforms. If you want to download specific platforms, select FTP or HTTP to download the files. You will be directed to individual links to each platform.
- Extract the installation files for Rational License Key Server. The extracted files are the repository for Rational License Key Server.
- Run launchpad.sh. The IBM Rational License Key Server splash screen opens.
Note: The launchpad.sh file is located in the directory RLKSSERVER_SETUP_<platform>/disk for all UNIX platforms, except for the AIX platform.
- Click Install or update IBM Rational License Key Server to open the Installation Manager interface. For the AIX server, go to the InstallerImage_AIX/disk1/InstallerImage_aix_motif_ppc/ directory and run ./install file to launch Installation Manager.
Note: The launchpad.sh file is not supported with the AIX platform.
- Select both Installation Manager and Rational License Key Server; then click Next.
- After the prerequisites are validated, click Next.
- Accept the license agreement; then click Next.
- For both the Shared Resources directory and Installation Manager directory locations, either accept the default value or enter a different directory location; then click Next.
Important: You cannot change the location of the Shared Resources directory after Installation Manager is installed.
- The default values are as follows:
- Shared Resources directory: /opt/IBM/IBMIM
- Installation Manager directory: /opt/IBM/Installation Manager/eclipse
- Accept the default installation directory for the license server or enter a different installation directory. The default installation directory is: /opt/IBM/RationalRLKS.
- Select additional languages to install; then click Next.
- Review the features to install; then click Next.
- Enter the absolute path to the license file and the port number for the license server; then click Next.
Note: Two validation checks occur during the configuration step. If you have entered an invalid license file, you receive an error message at the top of the page. If you enter an invalid port number, you receive an error message at the top of the page.
- Click Install.
- Start the license server. You can also start or stop the server later from the desktop icons.
- Click Finish.
IMPORTANT: In Fix Central you can select a download mode (Download Director, FTP or HTTP). If you use Download Director to download the files, you will receive bits for all of the platforms. If you want to download specific platforms, select FTP or HTTP to download the files. You will be directed to individual links to each platform.
How critical is this fix?
|This release is a maintenance release of Rational License Key Server 8.1.3. It contains fixes for client-reported and internally found defects.|
Click the Fix List link in the table of contents above to review a list of the problems solved in this release.
This Interim Fix resolves a specific problem on UNIX and Linux.
To install Rational License Key Server, version 8.1.3, using IBM Installation Manager, you are required to import a license file. If the file that you import have only permanent licenses, then Installation Manager disables the Next button, and you cannot proceed with the installation.
Installation Manager throws an error message that all licenses in the file have expired.
Note: If the file that you import has floating and permanent licenses, this issue will not occur.
Known side effects
Review the link to the parent release in the Prerequisites section for a list of known problems.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is Fix Central(FC)?
|Interim Fix 1 for 8.1.3 Unix and Linux||28 Sep 2012||English||10||FC|
IBM Rational Software Support Communities
Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance:
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
If you have helpful information to diagnose or identify the problem on your system, you can provide this data by following the instructions to exchange information with IBM Technical Support.