IBM Rational Test Workbench 8.0 has been made generally available on the IBM Passport Advantage Web site.
|This section provides an overview on what is new in this release whith a description of any new functionality or enhancements when applicable.|
|This section provides the direct link to obtain the download package for installation in your environment.|
|This section provides the installation instructions necessary to apply this release into your environment.|
|Click to review the detailed system requirements information for a complete list of hardware requirements, supported operating systems, prerequisites and optional supported software, with component-level details and operating system restrictions.|
To install Rational Test Workbench from electronic disks that you download from IBM Passport Advantage, open a command line, and change to the directory where you extracted the disk images; and then at the command prompt, complete one of these steps:
- On Windows, enter RTW_SETUP\launchpad.exe
- On Linux, enter RTW_SETUP/launchpad.sh
1. The launchpad program starts
Select a language in which to run the launchpad.
2. When you are ready to begin the installation, click Install Rational Test Workbench. IBM Installation manager is installed (or updated if an earlier version is already installed).
3. Restart Installation Manager when you are requested to do so, and then click Install Packages. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
4. License your workstation by installing either the Product Activation Kit or connecting to a license server. See the installation guide for instructions. The Installing Rational Test Workbench user guide is attached here.
This installation guide provides the basic information for installing this offering:
For detailed information about installing Rational Performance Tester, refer to the IBM Rational Performance Tester Information Center and the Rational Performance Tester download document
For detailed information about installing Rational Functional Tester, refer to the IBM Rational Functional Tester Information Center
|Passport Advantage||Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express clients are required to sign in to download the software package.|
|IBM OEM software||IBM Software Group OEM offerings are designed for partners who develop and sell business solutions with embedded or bundled IBM middleware software. Clients with Flexible Contract Type (FCT) license purchases and IBM Business Partners must sign in to download the software package.|
How critical is this fix?
|This release is a service release of Rational Test Workbench. It contains new features.|
IBM Rational Test Workbench delivers end-to-end functional, regression, load, and integration testing to address the quality challenges of highly complex and integrated applications. This offering includes the following installable components:
- IBM Rational Integration Tester, a rich scripting-free environment for developing tests for SOA, messaging, and business process integration projects
- IBM Rational Integration Tester Platform Pack, which contains technology-specific components used by Rational Integration Tester for recording SOA message conversations and HTTP(S) and JDBC traffic
- IBM Rational Test Control Panel, a server-based web application that allows you to create, share, and deploy virtualized services test environments
- IBM Rational Performance Tester, a scripting-free environment for automating load and scalability testing of web, ERP, and server-based software applications
- IBM Rational Functional Tester, an object-driven automated functional testing solution for Windows, Java, Web 2.0, and other applications
IBM Rational Software Support Communities
Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance:
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
If you have helpful information to diagnose or identify the problem on your system, you can provide this data by following the instructions to exchange information with IBM Technical Support.