This document describes how to download and install the 184.108.40.206 Fix Pack for IBM Rational Policy Tester.
You can locate it on Fix Central using the following directions:
- Go to http://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/ and sign in using your IBM ID and password.
- Select Rational in the Product Group list and click Continue.
- Select Rational Policy Tester in the Product list.
- Select 220.127.116.11 in the Installed Version list.
- Select Windows in the Platform list, and click Continue.
- In the Identify fixes page, select Browse for fixes (or choose another search method), and click Continue.
- In the Select fixes page, select the Fixpack check box, and click Continue.
- Enter in your Passport Advantage credentials into the Sign in page and click Continue.
- In the Download options page, choose your download method (Download Director or your browser), and click Continue.
|Detailed System Requirements||A detailed list of the supported hardware, operating systems and information related to IBM and third party software requirements.|
|Information Center||Browse or search on-line information related to the deployment, configuration and usage of the product.|
This section takes you through the steps to install the FixPack.
1. Navigate to the directory where you downloaded the executable and double-click the files PolicyTesterServerSetup_8.5FP1.exe and PolicyTesterScannerSetup_8.5FP1.exe.
Note: If the Dynamic Analysis Scanner and Enterprise Console are located on the same machine, just download the PolicyTesterServerSetup_8.5FP1.exe. file. If the Dynamic Analysis Scanner is located on a separate machine, also download the PolicyTesterScannerSetup_8.5FP1.exe file.
2. In the Setup Wizard, click Next.
3. In the License Agreement dialog box, choose the "I accept the terms in the license agreement" option, and click Next.
4. For multiple instances on a single server, the same as single server.
The Interim Fix is installed. When the installation is finished, it will launch the Configuration Wizard (If Config Instances is selected); click Next.
6. Exit the installation.
|Policy Tester Accessibility Edition Planning Guide||English||632|
|Policy Tester Privacy Edition Planning Guide||English||632|
|Policy Tester Quality Edition Planning Guide||English||632|
How critical is this fix?
|PM54194||Policy Tester info center is misleading about slow page download size|
|PM55473||In Policy Tester, anchor link is reported as 404 page not found|
|PM57750||Policy Tester cannot export issues in report as pdf or excel if the report is in Japanese|
|PM59432||Accessibility check 1061 false positive If there's a row span, there can be a missing <th> at the start of the column|
Known side effects
Due to security concerns, the current version of AppScan Enterprise no longer supports the option of impersonating the service account for platform authentication, proxy authentication, and importing from a network share. You must update any jobs that used the service account to use a proper username and password.
If .NET 2.0SP1 is installed before IIS, ASP.NET 2.0 may not be registered. It can be manually registered by running "aspnet_regiis /i" from "c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727"
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is Fix Central(FC)?
|PolicyTesterServerSetup_8.5FP1.exe||28 Mar 2012||English||563726336||FC|
- Visit the Policy Tester Support portal to review lists of known problems, fixes, and a wealth of important support information.
- If you have an issue with the AppScan product, open a support ticket (PMR) at Service Request.
- For quick questions, use the Policy Tester Forum.
Licensing InformationConsult Licensing for AppScan Enterprise and Policy Tester.
Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance
Before you contact IBM Security Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When creating the ticket, provide this information:
- What operation did you performed - and what error message have you received?
- The background information needed to understand the issue.
- Version ofPolicy Tester.
- Impact of the issue on your organization, schedule, deadlines.
- Upload logs, screen captures, and background information to the ticket.
Problems (APARS) fixed