Rational Asset Manager Fix Pack 1 (188.8.131.52) for 7.5.1
IBM Rational Asset Manager 184.108.40.206 has been made generally available and contains new features and fixes to version 7.5.1.
For a brief description of the new features and restrictions, review the Release Notes/Readme documentation.
For a detailed list of the system requirements prior to installing, review the Detailed System Requirements documentation.
To view, browse, and search online information related to this product, visit the Information Center
For Windows, Linux, or AIX, you must use Installation Manager, version 1.5.0 or later to install this update. If you have an earlier version, Installation Manager will attempt to update itself to the latest version when you update Rational Asset Manager.
- To use Installation Manager for AIX, you must use a graphical user interface (GUI). If you do not have access to a GUI, you must install silently using the command line with response scripts or install using console mode
- For information about working with Installation Manager, visit the Installation Manager information center at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/install/v1r5/index.jsp.
- For information about the Installation Manager, version 1.5.0 release or to download the compressed file for local installation, see: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24030152
If you have Internet access, you can use Installation Manager to locate and install the updates directly from the IBM update repository for Rational Asset Manager, version 220.127.116.11.
Important: When Rational Asset Manager is installed, the location of its update repository is automatically embedded in Installation Manager. For Installation Manager to search the default update repository, the preference Search the linked repositories during installation and updates on the Repositories preference page must be selected. This preference is selected by default.
To install the product from a different repository location (for example, if the product is available on a shared drive or HTTP or HTTPS server), you must add the repository location in Installation Manager.
You need sufficient disk space to store and extract the compressed files.
To download and install the fix pack and configure Installation Manager to use the local repository, complete the following steps:
- Download the interim fix pack from the download URL or URLs below.
- Extract the compressed files to an appropriate directory. For example, extract to C:\temp\updates. All compressed files must be extracted to the same directory.
- Add the interim fix pack's repository location in IBM Installation Manager:
- Start IBM Installation Manager.
- On the Start page of Installation Manager, click File > Preferences, and then click Repositories. The Repositories page opens.
- On the Repositories page, click Add Repository.
- In the Add repository window, enter the URL of the repository location or browse to it and enter a file path, and then click OK.
For example, browse to or enter the file path to the diskTag.inf file, which is located in the disk1 sub-directory in the directory where you extracted the compressed files - C:\temp\updates\disk1\diskTag.inf
- Click OK to close the Preference page.
Note: When updating from a local repository, Installation Manager might prompt you for the location of the repository for Rational Asset Manager, version 7.5.1. If you installed the product from CDs or other media, they must be available when you use the update feature.
You can download the compressed files available from Fix Central by using Download Director or HTTP. Follow the link in the table below to access Fix Central for Rational Asset Manager, version 18.104.22.168; the files that you extract from the compressed files form a repository for the release.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is Fix Central(FC)?
|Rational Asset Manager 22.214.171.124||30 Mar 2012||English||1||FC|
IBM Rational Software Support Communities
Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance:
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
If you have helpful information to diagnose or identify the problem on your system, you can provide this data by following the instructions to exchange information with IBM Technical Support.
Problems (APARS) fixed
More support for:
Rational Asset Manager
Software version: 126.96.36.199
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Windows
Software edition: Enterprise, Standard
Reference #: 4032047
Modified date: 2014-11-17