Rational Quality Manager 220.127.116.11 iFix005 has been made generally available. This document describes how to download and install iFix005 on IBM Rational Quality Manager Version 2.0
This iFix is an upgrade of IBM Rational Quality Manager 18.104.22.168 and 2.0.1 that includes several defect fixes.
Note: This document provides download information for both Standard and Express editions of Rational Quality Manager.
- You must have version 2.0.1 or 22.214.171.124 already installed before performing the upgrade.
- Refer to the system requirements (below) before upgrading to ensure that your system meets or exceeds the minimum required configuration.
- Review the installation instructions (below) before installing to understand any known issues.
|Release information||A description of the new features, known restrictions and links to other important information.|
|Detailed System Requirements||A detailed list of the supported hardware, operating systems and information related to IBM and third party software requirements.|
|Information Center||Browse or search on-line information related to the deployment, configuration and usage of the product.|
Installing Rational Quality Manager 126.96.36.199 iFix005
You can install this iFix using the Update Packages wizard in the IBM Installation Manager. By default, the iFix is installed directly from the IBM update repository. However, it is also available for download on the Jazz Community web site and at the bottom of this page.
Follow these steps to download and install this upgrade to Rational Quality Manager:
- Download the Rational Quality Manager and Rational Test Lab Manager zip file from the All Downloads tab on the Jazz Community web site or from the bottom of this page.
- Extract the contents of the downloaded zip file to a directory called "updatesite."
- Run the IBM Installation Manager.
- Select Preferences from the Install Manager File menu. On the Repositories page, click the Add Repository button, browse to the directory (e.g., "updatesite") that you created in Step 2, and click OK. Check the box for the new location and click OK.
- On the main Installation Manager menu, click the Update icon to proceed with the upgrade installation.
Support available for the help installation:
The Rational Quality Manager help system is configured to use remote help. For help configuring the remote help system, see Configuring help contents for web-based products in the Rational Quality Manager information center.
An internet connection is required to access help or to download and install help locally. If you do not have an internet connection, contact the IBM Rational Support team.
Click on the link in the Download Options column below to obtain the download package.
How critical is this fix?
See the Rational Quality Manager and Rational Test Lab Manager 188.8.131.52 iFix005 - Release Notes for links to the work items that were addressed in this release (listed below):
|PM55319||Memory leaks which cause TestManager migration utility to crash when migrating very large number of test scripts|
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|RQM 184.108.40.206 iFix005 Standard Disk 1||3 Feb 2012||English||817889280||HTTP|
|RQM 220.127.116.11 iFix005 Express Disk 1||3 Feb 2012||English||817889280||HTTP|
Known problems are documented in the form of individual technotes in the Support knowledge base at Rational Quality Manager Support. As problems are discovered and resolved, the knowledge base is updated. By searching the knowledge base, you can quickly find workarounds or solutions to problems.
The following links open a customized query of the live Support knowledge base:
IBM Rational Software Support Communities
Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance:
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
If you have helpful information to diagnose or identify the problem on your system, you can provide this data by following the instructions to exchange information with IBM Technical Support.
Problems (APARS) fixed
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.