Patch for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise installation
The IBM Rational AppScan Source Edition version 8.5 installation wizard will fail without this patch when run on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.
Attempts to install IBM Rational AppScan Source Edition Version 8.5 on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise result in the error
The Installer Cannot Be Run On this System
To be able to complete the installation, download the patch in this document and follow the provided instructions.
Rational AppScan Source Edition 8.5
- This repair utility requires an IBM or Oracle Java Runtime Environment at Version 5.0 or later
1. Extract RepairSetup.zip to the location in which you have saved the IBM Rational AppScan Source Edition Version 8.5 setup.exe file.
2. Launch RepairSetup.bat from the command-line or by double-clicking on it in Microsoft Windows Explorer.
3. When the setup.exe file has been successfully repaired, a confirmation message will display.
4. Launch setup.exe to proceed with the installation.
Note: All messages provided by this patch (including the confirmation message) are English-only and not provided in national language translations.
Repair Setup (zip)
How critical is this fix?
Mandatory for installation of Rational AppScan Source Edition Version 8.5 on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.
More support for:
IBM Security AppScan Source
Software version: 8.5
Operating system(s): Windows
Software edition: Automation, Developer, Remediation, Security
Reference #: 4031548
Modified date: 13 January 2017