This SupportPac provides a WebSphere MQ Java client for IBM i V7.1
WITHDRAWN: This SupportPac is now incorporated into the main WebSphere MQ Clients SupportPac, MQC71.
This SupportPac contains the IBM WebSphere MQ Java client components for IBM i V7.1.
The components you can install on i are:
WebSphere MQ clients
• The WebSphere MQ Java client code for your IBM i platform for ILE C, RPG and COBOL applications.
• The WebSphere MQ Java client code for your IBM i platform for both WebSphere MQ Java classes and Java Message Service
Why use WebSphere MQ clients?
Using WebSphere MQ clients is an efficient way of implementing WebSphere MQ messaging and queuing.
You can have an application that uses the MQ Java API or Java Message Service running on one machine and the queue manager running on a different machine, either physical or virtual. The benefits of doing this are:
There is no need for a full WebSphere MQ implementation on the client machine.
• Hardware requirements on the client system are reduced.
• System administration requirements are reduced.
• A WebSphere MQ application, running on a client can connect to multiple queue managers on different systems.
• Alternative channels using different transmission protocols may be used.
What applications run on a WebSphere MQ client?
The WebSphere MQ client on IBM i supports both native ILE applications that use the MQI directly as well as Java applications that use WebSphere MQ classes for Java or WebSphere MQ classes for Java Message Service (JMS).
The following functions are not supported:
• An application that needs syncpoint coordination with other resource managers.
• Get(signal) on z/OS.
1. An application running on a WebSphere MQ client may connect to more than one queue manager concurrently, or use a queue manager name with an asterisk (*).
2. The application will have to be changed if you want to link to the queue manager libraries instead of the client libraries, as this function will not be available.
3. Service is available for this SupportPac for as long as the WebSphere MQ for i V7.1 server product is supported by service.
Skill Level Required
Users should be familiar with the IBM WebSphere MQ product family in general and have particular skills on the platform for which this client is intended.
New in this Release
• Support for WebSphere MQ v220.127.116.11 added.
Authors: WebSphere MQ, Hursley
Released Date: 06Dec11
Last updated: 09Nov12
Current Version: 18.104.22.168
»Please note that the version number shown in the right-hand pane is the version of the WebSphere MQ or WebSphere Message Broker product that this SupportPac applies to. The date is the last webpage refresh.
To view the complete portfolio of WebSphere MQ SupportPacs please visit the WebSphere MQ SupportPacs homepage. Note: WebSphere MQ Support, service summary provides a summary of the latest service levels for WebSphere MQ platforms. Check there to see whether any fixes are available for this SupportPac.
To install the SupportPac, you need to download the file on a machine running Microsoft Windows. If you have installed a previous version of the Java client for WebSphere MQ, you will need to uninstall it before you proceed on installing the latest version of the SupportPac (install instructions in the readme).
1. Create a directory on the target machine.
2. Download ma47.zip as a binary file to this directory.
3. Uncompress using InfoZip's Unzip .
4. This will create the necessary files. If you use other unzip programs, ensure you specify the option to re-create stored directories.
5. You may delete ma47.zip.
6. Transfer the file to you IBM i machine.
7. Follow the instructions provided in the readme file to complete the installation of the client.
|IBM WebSphere MQ Information Center||US English||111|
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|ma47_7.1.zip||06 Dec 2011||US English||112295703||HTTPS|
|ma47_22.214.171.124||11 Jun 2012||US English||111||HTTP|
|ma47_126.96.36.199||09 Nov 2012||US English||111||HTTP|
Category 3 WebSphere MQ SupportPacs are supplied under the standard terms and conditions provided by the International Program License Agreement (IPLA) and thus, carry program defect service for WebSphere MQ customers.
Please read the IPLA and LI files that accompany the SupportPac, to ensure you understand the conditions under which the SupportPac is provided. If you encounter what you believe to be a defect with the SupportPac, and you have a current license for a WebSphere MQ server product, you may request Program Services by reporting the problem via the same defect reporting channel you employ for the WebSphere MQ server product(s) on which you are using the SupportPac.
Service is available for this SupportPac for as long as the WebSphere MQ for iSeries V7.1 server product is supported by service. Refer to the WebSphere product lifecycle pages for the relevant service information. It is only supported with MQ platforms which are themselves supported.