This document describes how to download and install IBM Rational Robot Version 126.96.36.199.
Rational Robot Version 188.8.131.52 contains defect fixes to previous versions of Rational Robot.
Note: Rational Robot 184.108.40.206 does not support testing applications on the .Net domain on Microsoft Windows 7 (only). To resolve this problem, you must download and apply the fix on Rational Robot Version 220.127.116.11: Link to the fix
This version of Rational Robot can only be installed on a computer with the same version or a compatible version of other Rational products. When you upgrade Rational Robot you must upgrade other Rational products on your computer to the same version or a compatible version. For more information, see
Rational Team Products - Versions 7.0.3 and 7.1.1.
If you are installing Rational Robot on Microsoft Windows Vista, you must configure certain security settings for using Rational Robot. For more information, refer to technote 1286101: Pre-requisites for recording Robot scripts on Microsoft Windows Vista .
Note: The security settings specified in this technote is also applicable to Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 platform.
Installing Rational Robot version 18.104.22.168
The following are the two common ways to install this update on an existing 7.0.3 product:
- If IBM Rational Robot version 7.0.3 is already installed on your computer, you can install this update using the Update wizard in IBM Installation Manager. Ensure that the Search service repositories during installation and updates option is enabled in the Installation Manager Preferences page and Internet connection is available.
- You can also download the fix pack and use it to install the fix pack locally.
- Download the Rational Robot version 22.214.171.124 fix pack from the location specified at the bottom of this page.
- Extract the files to a temporary directory. For example, extract the file to
- In the IBM Installation Manager, click File > Preferences and add the temporary directory to the list of repositories, for example,
- Use the Update wizard of the Installation Manager to proceed with the update.
For more information see Rational Robot.Known problems Known problems are documented in the form of individual technotes in the Support knowledge base at
http://www.ibm.com/software/awdtools/tester/robot/support/. As problems are discovered and resolved, the knowledge base is updated and maintained with new information. By searching the knowledge base, you can quickly find workaround or solutions to problems. The following links run customized queries of the live Support knowledge base:
Rational Robot 126.96.36.199 contains fixes for these APARs:
|PM27361||Rational Robot offers an option for prompting before overwriting log files.
To execute Rational Robot scripts through Rational Quality Manager,
1) Select Tools->GUI Playback Options from the Rational Robot menu.
2) In the Log tab, clear the prompt before overwrite log check box.
|PM48117||It is not possible to open the baseline when opening the Rational Robot stand-alone Comparator.|
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|Rational Robot 188.8.131.52||15 Dec 2011||English||119866457||FTP|
MD5 (Message-Digest algorithm 5) is commonly used to check the integrity of files. It is a cryptographic hash function with a 128-bit hash value.
A cryptographic hash function is a deterministic procedure that takes an arbitrary block of data and returns a fixed-size bit string, the (cryptographic) hash value, such that an accidental or intentional change to the data will change the hash value. An MD5 hash is typically expressed as a 32 digit hexadecimal number.
Here is the Checksum value for the Rational Robot 184.108.40.206 Fix Pack file:
Problems (APARS) fixed