Rational Policy Tester 8.5
IBM Rational Policy Tester 8.5 has been made generally available on the IBM Passport Advantage website.
This release is a full product download.
Here are the main new features and enhancements in this release:
- LDAP user authentication
- Enhanced accessibility rule set
- Simulation of page reading order for visually impaired users
- Simulation of page content reaching time for visually impaired users
- Color blindness simulation
- Color contrast simulation
- WAI-ARIA landmarks, frames and headings visualization
- Enhanced scan engine performance
- Improved ease of scan authentication configuration
- Scan template access restriction by user
- Browser support update
- Enhanced user interface accessibility for people with disabilities
|Detailed System Requirements||A detailed list of the supported hardware, operating systems and information related to IBM and third party software requirements.|
|Information Center||Browse or search on-line information related to the deployment, configuration and usage of the product.|
|Policy Tester Accessibility Edition Planning Guide||English||632|
|Policy Tester Privacy Edition Planning Guide||English||632|
|Policy Tester Quality Edition Planning Guide||English||632|
This download package is available IBM Passport Advantage:
IBM Rational Policy Tester V8.5 Windows Multilingual eAssembly (Part Number CRG05ML)
This download package includes:
- Quick Start Guide - IBM Rational Policy Tester - V8.5 Windows Multilingual
- IBM Rational Policy Tester Scanner V8.5 Windows Multilingual
- IBM Rational Policy Tester Server V8.5 Windows Multilingual
- Rational License Key Administrator V8.1.1 for Windows Multilingual
- Rational License Key Server V8.1.1 for Windows Multilingual
To locate a package at IBM Passport Advantage, search for the product name or part number. If you have purchased more than one edition, note that the Quick Start Guide and the product executable are the same and only need to be downloaded once.
How critical is this fix?
Known side effects
If .NET 2.0SP1 is installed before IIS, ASP.NET 2.0 may not be registered. It can be manually registered by running "aspnet_regiis /i" from "c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727"
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|Passport Advantage||15 Nov 2011||English||679255792||HTTPS|
- Visit the Policy Tester Support portal to review lists of known problems, fixes, and a wealth of important support information.
- If you have an issue with the AppScan product, open a support ticket (PMR) at Service Request.
- For quick questions, use the Policy Tester Forum.
Licensing InformationConsult Licensing for AppScan Enterprise and Policy Tester.
Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance
Before you contact IBM Security Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When creating the ticket, provide this information:
- What operation did you performed - and what error message have you received?
- The background information needed to understand the issue.
- Version ofPolicy Tester.
- Impact of the issue on your organization, schedule, deadlines.
- Upload logs, screen captures, and background information to the ticket.
More support for:
Rational Policy Tester
Software version: 8.5
Operating system(s): Windows
Software edition: Accessibility, Privacy, Quality
Reference #: 4031244
Modified date: 2014-05-30