This document provides download and installation information for IBM® Rational® Requirements Composer Interim Fix 001 (188.8.131.52.1) for 184.108.40.206.
This interim fix is an update to the Rational Requirements Composer fix pack 220.127.116.11. The interim fix download contains content for upgrading only Rational Requirements Composer. It can be installed independently from other Rational products. This interim fix does not include the entire product, but rather a subset of fixed components and files.
This interim fix is an update to Rational Requirements Composer version 18.104.22.168. A trial version is available at Jazz.net https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-requirements-composer/releases/22.214.171.124iFix1?p=allDownloads.
For a comprehensive list of fixes incorporated into this interim fix, see New and Noteworthy.
For information about Rational Requirements Composer, Version 2.0, see the Information Center .
Known problems are documented as individual technotes in the Support knowledge base . As issues are discovered and resolved, the IBM Support team updates the knowledge base. Search the knowledge base to quickly find workarounds or solutions to problems. The following links launch customized queries of known problems in this release of Rational Requirements Composer, which can alert you to usage limitations and outstanding issues.
If you are performing a full installation of the product, no prior installation is required. However, if you plan to upgrade, see the upgrade information on the jazz.net page.
Important: For this service release, upgrading Rational Requirements Composer requires that you upgrade all Rational Requirements Composer clients and the Rational Requirements Composer server to the same fix level. This is required because some interaction between the client and server has changed.
For a brief description of the new features and restrictions, review the Release Notes documentation.
For a detailed list of the system requirements prior to installing, review the Detailed System Requirements documentation.
To view, browse, and search on-line information related to this product, visit the Information Center
- Follow the instructions below to download the update repository for the Rational Requirements Composer client and server and update locally. Download the package files to separate directories to prevent one package from overwriting the other.
- For users behind firewalls or otherwise unable to use the online update mechanism, you can download the update repository, extract it to a local server (creating a local repository), add that repository to Installation Manager on computers on your network, and use the Update feature to perform the installation.
Upgrading the Rational Requirements Composer client and server
- Download the repository from the HTTP site or FTP site in the download package table in this document.
- Extract the files to separate directories (one for client and one for server) on a local server to be used as the update repository.
- On each computer that has Rational Requirements Composer installed, start the IBM Installation Manager by clicking Start > All Programs > IBM Installation Manager > IBM Installation Manager.
- In Installation Manager, click File > Preferences, and click Add Repository. Enter the path to the local update repository, - <Extracted Client Location>\RRC\disk1\diskTag.inf or <Extracted Server Location>\RRC\disk1\diskTag.inf, and click OK. Click OK to close the Preferences window.
- Click Update. The Installation Manager checks for updates. If a new version of Installation Manager is available, you must install it before you can continue the Rational Requirements Composer installation. Click Yes at prompt to update Installation Manager. If your Installation Manager is current, go to step 7.
- Click OK at the prompt to restart Installation Manager. Click Update.
- On the Update Packages page, select from the following package groups, IBM Rational Requirements Composer Client 2.0, IBM Rational Requirements Composer Server 2.0 or Update All, and click Next.
- Select the fix pack, and click Next.
- If prompted, accept the license agreement, and click Next.
- If prompted, select features to install, and click Next.
- At the Review summary information page, click Update.
- When the update is complete and you are informed that packages were installed, click Finish to close the Update Packages windows.
- Close IBM Installation Manager.
For detailed instructions, see technote 1380386.
For information on installing updates, see the topic Installing Updates in the IBM Installation Manager Information Center at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/install/v1r2/index.jsp.
See the article Using IBM Installation Manager for Enterprise Deployment and the related Installation Manager documentation or contact Support for assistance.
For information about deploying Rational Requirements Composer in an enterprise environment, see the IBM Installation Manager Enterprise articles.
The following table contains links to download the update packages. To download the full product installation package, visit the Jazz.net Downloads page.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|rrcc2004.ifix001.update.disk1.zip||4 Nov 2011||US English||62813128||HTTPS|
|rrcs2004.ifix001.update.disk1.zip||4 Nov 2011||US English||555888292||HTTPS|
IBM Rational Software Support Communities
Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance:
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
If you have helpful information to diagnose or identify the problem on your system, you can provide this data by following the instructions to exchange information with IBM Technical Support.
Problems (APARS) fixed