Download IBM Case Manager, Version 5.1
You can download and install the IBM Case Manager, V5.1 components by using the Passport Advantage Online website.
IBM Case Manager simplifies the job of designing and building a case management system and provides a client for case workers to easily manage cases. With IBM Case Manager, you design a case management solution based on closely related cases and then deploy that solution into a production environment. Case workers complete work items associated with cases.
IBM Case Manager is translated into the following languages: Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean. Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish. To view the language support for the products bundled with IBM Case Manager, select each product in the Globalization Status of IBM Software (http://www-01.ibm.com/software/globalization/scorecard/index.html) to display the globalization support.
- 3 GB of temporary disk space to install the product
- Approximately 1.6 GB of space for the installed product
Downloading the product
IBM Case Manager depends on IBM FileNet P8 for content and process management. You must install and configure a standard distributed IBM FileNet P8 environment before you install IBM Case Manager.
You must install IBM Case Manager on the same server where you installed Workplace XT and WebSphere Application Server.
To download IBM Case Manager:
- From a browser, navigate to the Find Downloads and Media page on the IBM Passport Advantage Online website and log in to continue.
- Select the Find by part number search option under Download finder options.
- From the following table, search for the operating system that you want and then download the product image:
Operating system Part number AIX CI41DML Windows CI41FML Solaris CI41GML Linux for System z CI41HML RedHat Linux CI41EML
- Run the installation program:
Operating system Command AIX 5.1.0-ICM-AIX.BIN Windows 5.1.0-ICM-WIN.EXE Solaris 5.1.0-ICM-SOLARIS.BIN Linux for System z 5.1.0-ICM-ZLINUX.BIN RedHat Linux 5.1.0-ICM-LINUX.BIN
- Follow the instructions in the "Installing and configuring IBM Case Manager" section of Installing, Administering, and Developing guide to install the product. You can install the product on a single server, on a clustered deployment or network deployment, or on a stand-alone server. You can find the online or PDF installation documentation by clicking the link in the "Installation Instructions" section of this document.
The Release Notes document provides links to known problems that are documented in separate technotes in the Support knowledge base. Here are a few highlighted items:
- You might encounter issues running some IBM Case Manager administration client tools through Exceed for Linux.
- The widget resizer tool is visible in the free form page layout for widgets with the standard skin.
- On Solaris, the IBM Case Manager administration client profile creation wizard does not detect WebSphere Application Server information.
- If no value is assigned for the projectAreaName parameter when a solution is created by using the Solution Assistant command line interface, the solution cannot be displayed in Case Manager Builder.
- Some IBM Business Process Manager system fields cannot be automatically mapped to IBM Case Manager properties.
- Known limitations: Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.
- Known Issue: FileNet Enterprise Manager metadata cannot be used in IBM Case Manager.
- Known Issue: Reserved words cannot be used in solution names.
The following link opens a customized query of the live Support knowledge base: View all known problems in IBM Case Manager 5.1
See the list of software prerequisites in the link below:
|Hardware and Software Requirements (AIX)||English||1000|
|Hardware and Software Requirements (Linux)||English||1000|
|Hardware and Software Requirements (Windows)||English||1000|
|Hardware and Software Requirements (Solaris)||English||1000|
Click the link below to go to the installation instructions for IBM Case Manager V5.1:
|Installing IBM Case Manager (Information Center)||English||1000|
|Planning Installing and Configuring Guide (PDF)||English||2332|
|Planning your case management system (Information Cente||English||1000|
|Download IBM Case Manager V5.1.0 Platform Installation||English||2249|
On the Passport Advantage Online website, all entitled products are listed on the Software Download and Media Access page. This page provides a guided process for selecting an operating system and the product version that you want to download.
Before you download software, you might want to visit the Passport Advantage Online Help Center and view the Software download and media access tutorial (about 10 minutes). This tutorial shows you how to use Passport Advantage, including how to set preferences, such as the download method and your preferred products, operating system, and language.
When you are ready to download the software:
- Click the HTTP link to go to the Passport Advantage Online website.
- Sign in with your IBM ID and password. If you have not yet registered, follow the prompts to request access.
- Click Software download and media access.
- If you are licensed for more than one product, select the program offering that you want to download.
- Agree to the license terms.
- Optional: Set your download preferences. For example, you can register to receive e-mail notification when product updates become available.
- Click Download finder to see a list of available products. Follow the online prompts to select and download product software for IBM Case Manager.
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|Passport Advantage Online (AIX)||18 Nov 2011||English||918629382||HTTP|
|Passport Advantage Online (Linux)||18 Nov 2011||English||909343428||HTTP|
|Passport Advantage Online (Windows)||18 Nov 2011||English||922933368||HTTP|
|Passport Advantage Online (Solaris)||18 Nov 2011||English||891592731||HTTP|
|Passport Advantage Online (Linux fo||18 Nov 2011||English||872439471||HTTP|
Passport Advantage Online support: http://www.ibm.com/software/howtobuy/passportadvantage/paocustomer/docs/en_US/ecare.html
IBM Case Manager support: http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Software/Information_Management/Case_Manager
More support for:
Case Manager Installers
Software version: 18.104.22.168
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 4030906
Modified date: 02 December 2011
Translate this page: