This document describes how to download and install IBM Rational Directory Server and IBM Rational Directory Administrator 188.8.131.52 (Apache).
Rational Directory Server is designed to provide centralized common infrastructure services for user authentication, user administration, group definition, user data storage, and application data storage for compatible Rational tools.
This release contains the following new features:
- Rational Directory Administrator supports the pagination feature.
- Rational Directory Server (Apache) supports custom port configuration for Apache Tomcat server.
- Rational Directory Administrator (Apache) supports console mode installation on all platforms.
- Updating personal attributes of a user object is now supported in Rational Directory Server via the migration utility.
Rational Directory Server 184.108.40.206 (Apache) and later releases support:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise and Standard Edition x86-32 - SP2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise and Standard Edition x86-64
- Sun Solaris 10 SPARC (64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.0 Advanced Platform x86-32 and x86-64
- SUSE Enterprise Linux 11 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- IBM AIX 6.1
- VMware ESX Server 4.0/4i
Rational Directory Server requires the following underlying technology:
- Apache Tomcat 6.0.24
- Apache Directory Server 1.5.5
Rational Directory Server 220.127.116.11 (Apache) is compatible with Rational Directory Server V5.0 and Rational Directory Server V5.1.
|Rational Directory Server 18.104.22.168 (Windows)||English||500|
|Rational Directory Server 22.214.171.124 (Unix)||English||500|
The release notes and the installing instructions are available at the following locations. The release notes for this FixPack release is also provided in the Readme_RDS126.96.36.199 file packaged in the ratlRDS_Client_5-1-1-1_<OS>_Apache.zip/tar.gz file archive.
|Installing Rational Directory Server||English||500|
Please see the download URLs mentioned below the APAR list.
The list of defects fixed is in the following table:
|PM24186||Merge option during the migration does not update the users preferences|
|PM42990||Permissions set on some RDA5.1.1-ifix02-linux directories and files are wrong|
|PM42992||Some directories are set with permissions 775 instead of 755 when installing RDA5.1.1-ifix02-linux|
|PM47794||Rational Directory Server allows users to authenticate with blank password (Rational Focal Point with WAS)|
|PM45190||TDSManager object lock indefinitely and all other threads waiting for TDSManager object lock|
|PM48814||Rational Directory Server upgrades for AIX should be .tar.gz files -- not .zip files|
|PM48810||Rational Directory Server Apache 5.1.1 iFix 03 for AIX should not have a documentation in the Microsoft Word format|
|PM48368||Rational Directory Server migration hangs or stops responding when migrating thousands of users|
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is Fix Central (FC)?
|Rational Directory Server (AIX)||25 Oct 2011||English||351378||FC FTP|
|Rational Directory Server (Linux)||25 Oct 2011||English||315164||FC FTP|
|Rational Directory Server (Solaris)||25 Oct 2011||English||335807||FC FTP|
|Rational Directory Server (Windows)||25 Oct 2011||English||212506||FC FTP|
|RDA (AIX)||25 Oct 2011||English||139733||FC FTP|
|RDA (Linux)||25 Oct 2011||English||141243||FC FTP|
|RDA (Solaris)||25 Oct 2011||English||156785||FC FTP|
|RDA (Windows)||25 Oct 2011||English||139519||FC FTP|
IBM Rational Software Support provides you with technical assistance.
For contact information and guidelines or reference materials that you need when you require support, read the IBM Software Support Handbook at http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/guides/handbook.html
For FAQs, lists of known problems and fixes, and other support information, visit the IBM Support page at http://www.ibm.com/support/us/en/
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe your problem. When describing a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently.
To save time, know the answers to these questions:
* What software versions were you running when the problem occurred?
* Do you have logs, traces, or messages that are related to the problem?
* Can you reproduce the problem? If so, what steps do you take to reproduce it?
* Is there a workaround for the problem? If so, be prepared to describe the workaround.
Problems (APARS) fixed