This document describes how to download and install IBM Rational Performance Tester, Version 8.2.1.
Rational Performance Tester is a performance testing tool used to identify the presence and cause of system performance bottlenecks.
Note: Rollback from version 8.2.1 to versions 220.127.116.11 or earlier is not supported. To work around this issue, install Rational Performance Tester, Version 18.104.22.168 before you install Version 8.2.1. Then you will be able to roll back from version 8.2.1 to version 22.214.171.124, and then roll back from version 126.96.36.199 to an earlier version of the product, if necessary.
Rational Performance Tester 8.2.1 includes these new features or enhancements:
- Usability improvements have been made to the test-splitting function.
- Packet details are displayed in the recording session editor.
- Recording session files can be encrypted.
- Significant enhancements have been made to the data correlation rules editor.
- Data correlation rules can be automatically created as you manually edit a test.
- Potential data correlation errors are now detected and displayed.
- Searches in tests can match encoded and decoded values of the specified text.
- Random numbers can be generated as built-in data sources.
- Binary data can be automatically transformed when a test is generated.
- You can monitor the progress of a test-log transfer when a test run stops.
- Error handling support now includes custom verification point failures and any user-defined conditions that are detected in custom code.
- You can pass literal strings as arguments to custom code.
- You can change the schedule stage duration during a run.
- Enhanced data correlation enables you to use any data source at run time to control test parameters such as think times, delays, loop conditions, transaction names, and content verification strings.
- HTTP tests now have built-in data transformation support for the Action Message Format 3 (AMF 3) protocol that Flex applications use.
- Recording HTTP traffic can be blocked for specified hosts.
- HTTP applications that do not support SOCKS or HTTP proxies can be recorded using an enhanced socket recorder.
- Browser cache emulation is now supported in HTTP tests, and new statistical counters have been added to monitor cache behavior, including hit ratios.
- Dynamic redirect requests are automatically followed at playback time to support common usage patterns such as load balancing.
- Reports can display the effect of connection and client delays on page response time.
- Custom counters can be aggregated from multiple agent computers.
- More events can be displayed on the execution event console.
- You can collect resource monitoring data from Apache HTTP Server, Oracle Database, and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) sources.
- You can collect response time breakdown data from the 64-bit versions of IBM WebSphere Application Server versions 6.1 and 7.0 and WebLogic Server versions 9 and 10.
- New Citrix testing features have been added:
- Citrix XenDesktop is supported
- Citrix XenApp 6 is supported.
- New SAP testing features have been added:
- SAP Scripting settings on the server are logged when you record or run tests.
- Error handling is supported for connection failures, content verification points, and server timeouts.
- New SOA testing features have been added:
- Improvements have been made to Web Services Description Language (WSDL) file handling to make it easier to store SOA tests in source-control management tools.
- GZIP content encoding is now supported.
- Verification points to validate server responses against an XML schema are now supported.
- URL binding information is now saved in the test log.
- Usability and logging improvements have been made to the generic service client.
- A new socket testing feature has been added: Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is supported.
|PM38141||Citrix performance test generation moves all comments to the top|
|PM39698||Support Policy for Performance Testing under Windows 2008 Server R2|
|PM45519||Correction Information Center article 'Percentile Report'|
|PM47718||MQ libraries cannot be found. Please refer to the online help.|
|PM48051||RST: Disconnect between the values in the WSDL.|
|PM50370||SOA test EMF/Data initialization is not thread safe.|
|PM27095||Citrix ICA file not exported to ITCAM and not exported as part of the test dependencies|
|PM36701||RPT handling of Set-Cookie without Path is different than IE's|
|PM37609||Re-ordering custom code args produces incorrect results|
|PM37661||Not able to change X Axis after setting to Time (Absolute)|
|PM51119||RPT hangs in running state while downloading files larger than 2GB|
|PM42026||Need a way to recover Test Log if playback hangs during Test Log transfer|
|PM48073||Double substitution corrupting Host header value in request|
|PM48915||RPT incorrectly parsing Set-Cookie with commas in value: preferences=TicketColumns=0,SortColumn1=1,SortOrder1= ...|
|PM49805||RPT playback reports "Driver
|PM50019||RPT test generation takes almost 40 times longer in RPT 188.8.131.52 vs 184.108.40.206 due to auto data correlation|
|PM50284||RPT checkout of VT license keys uses random user IDs|
|PM50903||Putting test assets under source control|
|PM53669||RPT reports NPE for Siebel Message Bar|
This release requires IBM Installation Manager, Version 1.4.4 or later.
IBM Rational Performance Tester, Version 8.2 must already be installed.
IBM Rational Performance Tester, Version 8.2, must already be installed. For information about installing version 8.2, see the Rational Performance Tester Version 8.2 DCF download document.
Install the Rational Performance Tester 8.2.1 update using the Update wizard in IBM Installation Manager.
- Start the IBM Installation Manager.
- Click Update.
Support available for the help installation
The Rational Performance Tester help system is configured to use remote help, where an Internet connection is used to access help or to download and install help locally. If you do not have an Internet connection, see Installing Rational Performance Tester and Rational Performance Tester Agent.
Known problems are documented in the form of individual technotes in the Support knowledge base at http://www.ibm.com/software/awdtools/tester/performance/support/. As problems are discovered and resolved, the knowledge base is updated. By searching the knowledge base, you can quickly find workarounds or solutions to problems.
The following links open customized queries of the live Support knowledge base:
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is Fix Central (FC)?
|Rational Performance Tester 8.2.1||8 Nov 2011||English||1380000000||FC|
Visit the IBM Support Portal for technical support.
Rational software support
Links to specific product support pages plus general topics such as downloads and product documentation are available from the IBM Rational software support main page.
Discuss your Version 8.2.1 experience with the IBM professional community by either searching an "Overall product forum."
|Overall Product Forum|
Problems (APARS) fixed