This document describes how to download IBM InfoSphere Optim Query Workload Tuner for DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows, Version 3.1 from IBM Passport Advantage.
For details about what is new in this release, see What's New in InfoSphere Optim Query Tuner and InfoSphere Optim Query Workload Tuner, Version 3.1.
Architecture of the product
The product consists of two components. You must download the compressed files for both of these components.
- Client component
- This component is the InfoSphere Optim Query Tuner client and is the tool that you use for running analysis tools on SQL statements and getting recommendations from advisors.
- Data-server component
- On every database on which you run SQL statements that you want to tune, you must activate the license for InfoSphere Optim Query Workload Tuner for DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows, Version 3.1. You must also create and have the privilege to use a stored procedure that enables the Index Advisor and Workload Index Advisor. Use the server configuration kit, which you download from Passport Advantage, to activate the license and create the stored procedure.
To download compressed files that contain the components for this product, sign in to IBM Passport Advantage at http://www-01.ibm.com/software/howtobuy/passportadvantage/pao_customers.htm. A Quick Start guide is also available to help you with simple installations.
- InfoSphere Optim Query Tuner client
- Download the file CI2IVML.zip
- Server configuration kit
Download the file for the operating system that your installation of DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows is running on.
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Windows 32-bit: CI2IQML.zip
- Microsoft Windows 64-bit: CI2IRML.zip
- Linux on System x86-64: CI2ILML.zip
- Linux on System z: CI2IMML.zip
- Linux on System p: CI2INML.zip
- Quick Start guide (in English and other languages)
You need approximately 2.5 GB free space on your client system and 1.5 GB free space on your database server to store and extract the content of the compressed files.
For the requirements for installing the product, see System requirements.
Extract the compressed file for the InfoSphere Optim Query Tuner client to a temporary directory on a system that is running a supported version of Microsoft Windows.
Extract the compressed file for the server configuration kit to a temporary directory on the system where a supported version of DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows is installed.
Follow the instructions that are in the Quick Start guide or that are located at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/qrytuner/v3r1/topic/com.ibm.datatools.qrytune.installconfig.doc/topics/db2luw-wl-roadmap.html for installing the client and for running the server configuration kit.