This document describes how to download and install IBM Rational Focal Point, version 6.5.1.
IBM Rational Focal Point, version 6.5.1 is a full product download and is available in Passport Advantage site.
IBM Rational Focal Point is a comprehensive portfolio planning solution for market-driven teams. With Rational Focal Point, teams can make collaborative, objective decisions to deliver market, customer, and business value. By understanding what matters most, your organization can respond to dynamic market conditions and deliver valued products and projects.
IBM Rational Focal Point, version 6.5.1 includes the following new features:
- Integration with IBM Rational Requirements Composer: You can publish a linked collection of business needs to project areas in Rational Requirements Composer. A requirement for each business need is created in Rational Requirements Composer. You can also use a CALM link attribute in a business need to create a requirement in Rational Requirements Composer.
- Enhanced integration with IBM Rational Team Concert: You can publish a linked collection of business needs to project areas in Rational Team Concert. A work item for each business need is created in Rational Team Concert. You can also use a CALM link attribute in a business need to create a work item in Rational Team Concert.
- Application portfolio management workspace template: The application portfolio management template is a preconfigured workspace template with which you can manage your application portfolio. You can create a workspace that is based on this template and then customize the workspace according to your requirements.
- Updated Gantt chart: The visualization options in the Gantt chart are improved. These options include histograms, the display of data according to a variable time scale, zoom options, element sorting, and the distribution of values over time. The new Gantt chart supports graphical settings such as 3D, grids, hovers, and date icons.
Note: For better performance in Internet Explorer 7 and 8, install Microsoft Silverlight plugin.
- Updated XY chart: The visualization options in the XY chart are improved. The improved options include selecting or clearing elements to perform calculations, threshold line plotting, zoom options, and using lines to connect elements that have a common attribute. The new XY chart also supports graphical settings such as 3D, grids, hovers, and cross X-Y lines.
Note: For better performance in Internet Explorer 7 and 8, install Microsoft Silverlight plugin.
- Verify database: After you upgrade Rational Focal Point, you can verify the database to identify and solve database issues in the upgrade.
- Secured access to the ping servlet feature: The ping servlet is useful for remote debugging. Administrators can use the ping servlet security feature to configure access for the servlet by using both basic HTTP authentication and client network address filtering.
- From Rational Focal Point, version 6.5.1 release, the help system is included with the product. You can either access the locally installed help or access the help from the IBM site.
- Bundled installers for IBM DB2®: Rational Focal Point is bundled with installers for DB2 Workgroup Server Edition, version 9.7, and permanent limited use licenses.
- Bundled installers for IBM WebSphere® Application Server: Rational Focal Point is bundled with installers and licenses for WebSphere Application Server, version 7.0. After installing Rational Focal Point, upgrade to the supported version of WebSphere Application Server 18.104.22.168.
- When you add users, members, and elements, the attributes Owner, Parent Folder and Inherit From are displayed as lookups instead of lists in the add forms. This enhancement reduces the loading time when you select users, members and folders in large workspaces.
Lists are also replaced by lookups when you select users, members or folders:
- When you manage user access in Users > Manage Users.
- When you manage member access in Members > Members.
- When you add a workspace and select users for Responsible and User Administrator, in General > Workspaces > Add Workspace.
- When you select users as workspace members at import in General > Workspaces > Import Workspace .
- When you select Sync user in Application > Synchronization.
- When you select System user for business rules and expressions in Users > User Settings.
IBM Rational Focal Point, version 6.5.1 is translated in the following languages: German, Spanish, French, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Arabic, Hebrew, Hungarian, Polish, Russian, Czech, Finnish.
For a list of known problems and workarounds for this release, see View all known problems for Rational Focal Point, version 6.5.1
To download Rational Focal Point:
- Passport Advantage clients Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express clients are required to sign in to Passport Advantage Online to access the actual files.
- Non-Passport Advantage clients If your organization did not purchase your software and support through Passport Advantage or Passport Advantage Express, you are required to sign in to the new IBM Software Group OEM Portal to access the actual files.
Note: This includes clients with Flexible Contract Type (FCT) license purchases and IBM Business Partners.
For assistance with the IBM Software Group OEM Portal, visit the eCustomer care page.
Downloadable parts See the table below for details about the eAssembly. You can refer to these details when you download files from Passport Advantage.
|CRG1LML||IBM Rational Focal Point V6.5.1 Multilingual Multiplatform eAssembly|
|CZZ5IML||Quick Start Guide for IBM Rational Focal Point V6.5.1 Multiplatform Multilingual|
|CI2W0ML||IBM Rational Focal Point V6.5.1 Multilingual Multiplatform|
|For a brief description of the new features and restrictions, review the Release notes documentation.|
|For a detailed list of the system requirements prior to installing, review the System requirements documentation.|
|For information on configuring your computer prior to installing, see Preinstallation tasks documentation.|
|To view, browse, and search on-line information related to this product, visit the Information Center|
For information about installing Rational Focal Point, version 6.5.1, see Installation road map.
For information about upgrading from earlier versions of Rational Focal Point to version 6.5.1, see Upgrading from earlier versions.
Note: To install or start IBM Installation Manager on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux RHEL 6.0/6.1 x86_64 (64-bit) machine, you must install 32-bit OS system libraries on your system. For information, see IBM Installation Manager technote 1459143.
Download the eAssembly for Rational Focal Point, version 6.5.1, for Windows, Linux, and Solaris platforms from IBM Passport Advantage.
All APARs that are solved in Rational Focal Point, version 6.5.1 are documented in the APAR list for Rational Focal Point.
This release contains fixes for the following APARs:
|PK97351||Sorting of elements in "editing" pop-up window.|
|PK99059||Matrix export to Excel.|
|PK99867||Rational Focal Point freezes when using the 'display in printer friendly format' or 'copy to clipboard' in a Gantt view.|
|PM23288||Float attribute valus entered with , in Matrix attribute has wrong values.|
|PM27238||History logging on sync read-only event is logged as user "-" on the lock attribute.|
|PM27247||Float values entered in a matrix in Swedish locale does not display in line chart.|
|PM27531||When defining the second rule to filter on outgoing links, the filter screen goes blank when the list of requirements is loaded.|
|PM28891||Relative date value in the view rule is changed after it is saved in Rational Focal Point.|
|PM30022||Error: Transaction rolled back while saving expression.|
|PM30126||Elements gets randomly placed when moved between folders.|
|PM31356||Documentation missing on edit attributes and business rules.|
|PM31752||Sharing access to views can take a long time.|
|PM34154||Right frame with attribute information blank, intermittently.|
|PM35007||Some links are missing in the link list attribute when using the CreateElementFrom function in Rational Focal Point.|
|PM36000||Text attributes and Oracle database, tree view rule fails to fetch all matching elements.|
|PM36374||Loading add form just takes too long.|
|PM36375||Gantt chart is not resizing correctly in IE 8 and FF 3.6.|
|PM36826||Mirror attribute missing on some elements.|
|PM37238||Group by and refresh of tree view.|
|PM37337||Users get "an error occurred" message when logging in to Rational Focal Point.|
|PM37546||Set choice business rule does not work for the file attribute if the file name contains "_".|
|PM37881||Response time for Rational Focal Point application differs for the similar steps being followed from Firefox as compared to IE.|
|PM37957||Duplicate homepages show due to multiple inheritance.|
|PM38053||Editable table does not show data.|
|PM38148||Cell alignment for the float attributes in statistics view.|
|PM38354||Copy of filter and title issue.|
|PM38364||Delay between deletion of attribute and display of the ‘Deleting attribute’ message.|
|PM38368||Exported Excel does not display elements as sorted in the table view.|
|PM38371||Issue with linking the RTC work items having ASCII characters in title when integrating RTC with RFP.|
|PM38520||Statistic views and parent folder.|
|PM38689||Expressions in matrix headings are lost after export and import of a workspace.|
|PM38787||Generated report from statistics view contains "Error: Element limit reached".|
|PM38791||Cascade for choice attribute is lost in the statistics view.|
|PM38903||Rational Focal Point installation does not complete on WAS when Java 2 security is enabled.|
|PM39037||Prefix attribute not displayed in defining filter on link or list/link attribute for a regular user.|
|PM39249||Elements not sorted when Group By is applied.|
|PM39368||Element URL link is corrupted on "Send a link to element to member in this workspace".|
|PM39369||View rule on ‘Number of Logins less than 1’ does not work.|
|PM39371||Link/list contains duplicate links (2 links to same element).|
|PM39373||‘An Error Occurred’ message is displayed when changing the filter to Global in Rational Focal Point server.|
|PM39374||"No member found" message is shown on editing link / list attribute value although full display view opened from statistics.|
|PM39388, PM39361||The display of blank values for integer attribute is not uniform.|
|PM39599||SVT:6502 Performance degradation in attribute creation.|
|PM39705||"Enter" behaves differently when saving filter in IE from FF.|
|PM39803||Add view shows a blank page with IE.|
|PM40149||Slow performance creating view rule on link list attribute.|
|PM40152||Slow performance loading user list on sending element link to user.|
|PM40376||Matrix chart display.|
|PM40517||Aggregate time grid is not working at the third level.|
|PM40525||Adding/deleting entries from list/text attribute in the same transaction does not commit information.|
|PM40561||Send account information, incorrect error message is shown when SMTP server is not reachable.|
|PM40645||First time loading of user module slow due to icon test.|
|PM40916||Link target list on setting links different in two nodes.|
|PM40917||No indication that "changes over time" graph is being generated.|
|PM41283||Slow performance of "changes over time" display mode.|
|PM41389||Contradicting results after Excel update failed.|
|PM41396||Incorrect attribute sort order in the node.|
|PM41410||ListAttributeSum business rule issue and listen_to parameter to attribute with formatting.|
|PM41486||Loading a module hangs with blank screen in Rational Focal Point.|
|PM41489||Double entries for a user displayed under "Online Users".|
|PM41628||Workspace name including "&" is displayed incorrectly in browser tab.|
|PM41896||Global filter definitions are lost - intermittent issue.|
|PM41913||Incorrect values displayed in a stacked column chart in statistics view.|
|PM42187||Error on creating a baseline.|
|PM42191||Possible to set links to workspaces being exported.|
|PM42193||Secure connection between Rational Focal Point and the SMTP server.|
|PM42195||Error on editing title of specific elements linked to deleted workspaces.|
|PM42462||More elements are seen than expected.|
|PM42590||Full display on elements with "?" for Float value does not work.|
|PM42713||When creating a new element the browser stop responding for more than 2 minutes, SSO account.|
|PM43107||Multichoice attributes and description.|
|PM43208||Choice attributes and sorting when choice items are numbers in tables display.|
|PM43422||Link aggregation in time grids should round values when displaying them.|
|PM43534||Default value of text attribute and "blank line" when using IE 8.|
|PM43621||Rational Focal Point does not restart due to user sessions.|
|PM44152||Deleted choice items and views based on same choice item.|
|PM44193||Matrix writer, matrices and copied values from matrix.|
|PM44442||"An Error Occurred" on loading history of an element.|
|PM44449||Date attribute and relative date.|
|PM44800||Translation error: Spanish.|
|PM44805||When setting a direct transition so that an element moves out of the view, a different message is displayed than when the transition is set up with option.|
|PM44906||History of "Synchronized" is not seen in a view.|
|PM45028||ASCII characters embedded in the friend link.|
|PM45185||What's New does not work for display view based on current user rule.|
|PM45229||Hiding all modules in the workspace makes the left navigation bar invisible.|
|PM45421||Prioritize view and pairwise compare.|
|PM45541||Using expressions when configuring time grid attribute.|
|PM45601||In the report, LinkInfo business rule shows "null" for attributes containing expressions.|
|PM45609||Module sorting does not work in attribute statistics.|
|PM45680||Corrupted CSV export.|
|PM45730||SumTimeGridRow configured with date 2011-01-01.|
|PM45877||The month before the start date is displayed in time grid table.|
|PM45972||"An Error Occurred" on lookup for sender on generate reports.|
|PM46070||"Product portfolio management" and ListAttributeSum business rule.|
|PM46115||Friend entry is getting duplicated.|
|PM46144||No message displayed when user tries to access element link to hidden workspaces.|
|PM46495||Send an element link to members does not filter according to the view.|
|PM46516||History logging not seen on "Inherit From" attribute in Members module.|
|PM46605||Slow performance on verify integrity.|
|PM46703||Report in RTF format.|
|PM46819||Dragging an element to a folder is not working as expected.|
|PM47287||Export of time grid attribute displays wrong attribute name.|
|PM47414||Time grid sheets compare view does not show total for second sheet.|
|PM47494||Parent folder change (or rollback) does not refresh the tree view.|
|PM47498||Data that is made non-editable via a workflow can be edited in dynamic table.|
|PM47944||Current parent displayed is incorrect on a multiedit.|
|PM48034||Export to Excel of elements with prefixes set under Attribute/ID/Visual settings/Prefix.|
|PM48259||Unable to set owner to user whose name contains '.|
|PM48579||Instances when updating time grid attribute with Excel fails to update some rows.|
|PM48589||Update of Excel sheet is not possible if a text list attribute has special characters.|
|PM49097||Incremental search for ":" character changes display of element title to parent folder.|
|PM49109||Changing filters fail to display the right output.|
|PM49370||The tool tip does not show the link attribute name for the down arrow in traceability matrix.|
|PM49373||Dynamic table and inline edit.|
|PM49459||Issue with inline editing of float attribute in dynamic table (invalid syntax after edit).|
|PM49460||Parents for choice items not visible in dynamic table in Rational Focal Point.|
|PM49580||Double quote and view rule on views in IE.|
|PM49669||No errors or warnings on importing invalid date entry for date attributes.|
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|Passport Advantage||13 Dec 2011||English||541000000||HTTP|
IBM Rational Software Support
IBM Rational Software Support provides you with technical assistance.
Known problems are documented in the form of individual technotes in the Support Knowledge Base at http://www.ibm.com/software/awdtools/focalpoint/support/. As problems are discovered and resolved, the knowledge base is updated and maintained with new information. By searching the knowledge base, you can quickly find workarounds or solutions to problems.
The following links run customized queries of the live Support Knowledge Base:
- View all known problems for Rational Focal Point, version 6.5.1
- View all known problems for Rational Focal Point
For FAQs, lists of known problems and fixes, and other support information, visit the IBM Support Portal for Rational Software.
For contact information, guidelines, or reference materials that you need when you require support, see the IBM Software Support Handbook
For product news, events, and other information, visit the Product home page.
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
- What software versions were you running when the problem occurred?
- Do you have logs, traces, or messages that are related to the problem?
- Can you reproduce the problem? If so, what steps do you take to reproduce it?
- Is there a workaround for the problem? If so, be prepared to describe the workaround.
Problems (APARS) fixed