FileNet P8 Platform V5.1 Documentation Updates
This document provides updates for your installed IBM® FileNet® P8 V5.1 information center. These updates have already been applied to the information center hosted on ibm.com.
The documentation update files available from this document include updates from several documentation refreshes as well as several security patches.
Note: Although the information center hosted on ibm.com was updated on 30 March 2012, these March updates are not currently included in the documentation update file available from this document.
23 November 2012 updates:
Documentation for IBM Enterprise Records Version 5.1.1 now available in a separate download (p8docs510_ier511_11_23_2012.zip).
14 November 2011 updates:
For most of the changed topics, the updates include:
- Deprecation notices for IBM FileNet Legacy Content Search Engine.
Note: IBM FileNet Business Process Manager Version 5.1 was released on 21 October 2011. This release delivers a new bundled offering as well as improved support for IBM Case Manager. However, there are no documentation changes for the release, and the Process Engine, Case Analyzer, and Process Simulator software versions remain at V5.0.
5 August 2011 updates:
- Fix for cross-site scripting vulnerability in the IBM FileNet P8 Platform Documentation Installable Info Center (see the security bulletin at http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21662360 for more information)
To install the documentation updates or the cross-site scripting vulnerability fix, extract the files from your information center WAR file and add the new plug-ins to the information center structure. Re-create the WAR file, clear the information center cache, and redeploy your information center.
Security patch installation:
- Expand the existing p8docs.war file to a working directory.
- Download the security patch using the link below.
- Unzip the security patch and copy the resulting files to the directory where you expanded p8docs.war.
- Re-create the p8docs.war file.
- Replace the original p8docs.war file with the one you created in the previous step.
For detailed instructions on how to update your information center, see the following links.
|Updating the information center||English||100|
|Preventing errors on JBoss||English||100|
The documentation updates are available as a compressed file. You must have FTP access available in order to download the file. Note that the file might take a while to download.
|Enterprise Content Management||FileNet eForms||Eforms for P8|
|Enterprise Content Management||Enterprise Records|
|Enterprise Content Management||Case Foundation||Business Process Manager|
More support for:
FileNet Content Manager
Software version: 5.1.0
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 4030625
Modified date: 21 November 2012