IBM Rational Policy Tester version 8.0.1 has been made generally available on the IBM Passport Advantage website and FixCentral
| For a detailed list of problems (APARs) solved in this Fix Pack, review the Problems solved section below.
There is a change in the way Rational Policy Tester 8.0.1 is licensed. Licenses are now issued on a user basis, not by page. You can use floating and authorized user licenses to run scans in Rational Policy Tester 8.0.1. Contact your account executive to get these licenses so that your users can log in to Rational Policy Tester. Previous versions of Rational Policy Tester remain page-based.
System requirements are listed at http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSW2NF_8.0.1/com.ibm.ase.help.doc/topics/r_sysreqs_control_center.html
A Planning & Installation Guide is included in the download package at IBM Passport Advantage.
This document is also available at the IBM Publications Center (links below).
|Policy Tester Accessibility Edition Planning Guide||English||546|
|Policy Tester Privacy Edition Planning Guide||English||546|
|Policy Tester Quality Edition Planning Guide||English||546|
- Quick Start Guide - IBM Rational Policy Tester - V8.0.1 Windows Multilingual (Accessibility, Privacy and Quality modules)
- IBM Rational Policy Tester V8.0.1 Windows Multilingual (including Planning & Installation Guide)
- Rational License Key Administrator V8.1.1 for Windows Multilingual
- Rational License Key Server V8.1.1 for Windows Multilingual
To download at FixCentral:
- Go to http://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/
- Select Rational in the Product Group list, then the Product list will appear
- Select IBM Rational AppScan Enterprise_Policy Tester in the Product list, then the Version list appears
- Select 184.108.40.206 in the Installed Version list, then the Platform list will appear
- Select Windows in the Platform list, then click
- You are prompted to sign in using your IBM ID and password, click
Note: There are helpful links on this page if you need to Register or if you do not remember your password.
- You can accept the defaults on the Identify Fixes page, just click
- The available fixes (based on your prior selections) will be displayed:
- Select the check box for RASE_POLTEST-Windows-220.127.116.11-refreshpack, then
- Scroll down to choose either Download Director (default) or use your browser for the download, and
- Click to proceed with the download.
How critical is this fix?
|PM38995||Login playback uses wrong case when sending encoded slash|
|PM40392||Job not performing any actions for long period of time|
|PM39427||Many templates cause a slow response in Rational AppScan Enterprise|
|PM40210||Job runs out of temp files name|
|PM39688||Rational AppScan Enterprise engine stores cookies as URL-decoded values, causing collisions between similar cookies|
|PM37974||POST parameters sometimes sent unencoded|
|PM29966||Detailed security report fails to generate|
|PM41399||Quick Scan Template access to advanced configuraton|
|PM41224||Importing a login sequence from Rational AppScan Standard fails|
|PM41218||Agenthost.exe crashes on Windows 2008 R2 when using platform authentication|
|PM38356||Rational AppScan Enterprise / Rational Policy Tester misses actual data while exporting reports to PDF for users with non-English regional settings|
|PM35556||Windows Authentication requirement to set up Rational AppScan Enterprise and Raitonal Policy Tester database on SQL Server|
Known side effects
If .NET 2.0SP1 is installed before IIS, ASP.NET 2.0 may not be registered. It can be manually registered by running "aspnet_regiis /i" from "c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727"
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options
What is Fix Central (FC)?
|Passport Advantage||12 Jul 2011||English||551918592||FC|
|Software and Services||12 Jul 2011||English||551918592||FC|
|PolicyTester_Setup_8.0.1.exe||12 Jul 2011||English||551918592||FC|
IBM Rational Software Support Communities
Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance:
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
If you have helpful information to diagnose or identify the problem on your system, you can provide this data by following the instructions to exchange information with IBM Technical Support.
Problems (APARS) fixed