IBM Rational Change 5.3 has been made generally available on the IBM Passport Advantage Web site.
This release is a full product download.
- For a detailed list of problems (APARs) solved in this Fix Pack, click the Fix List link in the Problems solved section below.
- For a detailed list of problems (APARs) solved in each individual Fix Pack version for this product, click the Fix by Version tab above.
- For information about Change integrations, click here.
Central server compatibility
The following must be installed and operational before installing Rational Change 5.3:
See the Detailed System Requirements for more information.
Central server migration
A 5.3 central server can interoperate with the following versions of remote servers in a central server cluster:
- 5.1 with patch 06 (and Synergy at the latest patch level)
- 5.0 with patch 04 (and Synergy at the latest patch level)
Always upgrade the central server first, as its release level must be greater than or equal to that of its remote servers. See
for details and caveats.
Migrating the CRs of a development database into the central server database is not presently supported, but will be in a forthcoming fix. This means that once you have upgraded to version 5.3, you will not be able to switch to central server mode from stand-alone mode or continue migration of unmigrated databases. The workaround is to perform this migration prior to upgrading to release 5.3 (for example, though release 5.2). New central server deployments (which do not have CRs to migrate) are unaffected.
Project security and the Rational Directory Server
The new project security feature is not presently working with RDS 5.2 (Tivoli), but will be in a forthcoming fix. If you intend to start using project security soon, use RDS 5.1.1 (Apache) instead.
See the installation topic on the Information Center below.
Click the link in the table below to be taken to the Passport Advantage site to obtain the download package.
For details on problems fixed in this version, refer to the Fix List document.
IBM Rational Software Support Communities
- Support Portal: Click the Support Portal tab above to begin configuring your support portal experience to review FAQs, lists of known problems, fixes, and a wealth of important support information.
- developerWorks: Click the developerWorks tab above to access an online collection of tutorials, sample code, standards, forums and other resources provided by experts at IBM to assist software developers using Rational tools including access to the IBM RFE Community.
- Jazz Community: Click the Jazz Community tab above if you are using one of the Rational tools created using the Jazz platform to interact directly with the Jazz development teams and other community members, download product trials and betas and track developement progress.
Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance:
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
- What software versions were you running when the problem occurred?
- Do you have logs, traces, or messages that are related to the problem?
- Can you reproduce the problem? If so, what steps do you take to reproduce it?
- Is there a workaround for the problem? If so, be prepared to describe the workaround.
If you have helpful information to diagnose or identify the problem on your system, you can provide this data by following the instructions to exchange information with IBM Technical Support.
Follow IBM Rational Client Support on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | devWorks Blog
Problems (APARS) fixed
PK84226, PK85812, PK92519, PK92530, PK98875, PM01046, PM01779, PM05468, PM06913, PM06916, PM07277, PM13100, PM13101, PM15426, PM19464, PM26782, PM27400, PM27411
Rate this page: