This document describes how to download and install IBM Rational Focal Point, version 6.5.
IBM Rational Focal Point Version 6.5 is a full product download and is available in Passport Advantage site.
IBM Rational Focal Point is a comprehensive portfolio planning solution for market-driven teams. With Rational Focal Point, teams can make collaborative, objective decisions to deliver market, customer, and business value. By understanding what matters most, your organization can respond to dynamic market conditions and deliver valued products and projects.
IBM Rational Focal Point Version 6.5 includes the following new features:
- Chart options in statistics view: You can display charts in attribute statistics and can choose to view the statistics charts in the home page.
- Embedded Rational Publishing Engine for report generation: You can generate Rational Publishing Engine reports in Rational Focal Point without configuring a separate server. You must have a Rational Publishing Engine license to use this feature.
- Workspace templates: Rational Focal Point now includes three pre-configured workspace templates: IT Portfolio Management workspace, Product Management workspace, and Product Portfolio Management workspace. You can use these workspaces as a starting point to manage products, IT portfolios, and product portfolios and customize it according to your requirements.
- Investment analysis of time grid attributes: In the new investment analysis mode, you can create models of estimated financial value and risk. You can configure a time grid attribute to contain cost and benefit estimates that are specified as random variables that are composed of high, likely, and low estimates. A Random Variable Calculator performs calculations that are based on random variables to produce high, likely, and low estimates. Those random variables also serve as documentation for the source of the estimates.
- Time grid: You can now aggregate time grids into one new time grid. You can display an overview in the attribute list and on the home page. You can display time grid data in a Gantt chart. Also, the business rules for time grids are enhanced.
- Dynamic tables: You can display elements in a dynamic table where you can edit most attributes, display complex attributes, perform nested sorting, and reorder columns.
- Rational Focal Point Collaborative Lifecycle Management integration: Rational Focal Point provides integration with Collaborative Lifecycle Management through its support of the OSLC change management specification.
- Views in view definitions: You can use a view to create view rules when you define a view or a filter. You can create a view to create view rules for link, linklist, and incoming link attributes.
- Thresholds: You can define thresholds that can be used to compare threshold values with sums in statistics view and display the threshold values in charts.
IBM Rational Focal Point Version 6.5 is translated in the following languages: German, Spanish, French, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Arabic, Hebrew, Hungarian, Polish, Russian, Czech.
For a list of known problems and workarounds for this release, see View all known problems for Rational Focal Point Version 6.5
To download Rational Focal Point:
- Passport Advantage clients Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express clients are required to sign in to Passport Advantage Online to access the actual files.
- Non-Passport Advantage clients If your organization did not purchase your software and support through Passport Advantage or Passport Advantage Express, you are required to sign in to the new IBM Software Group OEM Portal to access the actual files.
Note: This includes clients with Flexible Contract Type (FCT) license purchases and IBM Business Partners.
For assistance with the IBM Software Group OEM Portal, visit the eCustomer care page.
Downloadable parts See the table below for details about the eAssembly. You can refer to these details when you download files from Passport Advantage.
|CRCN6ML||IBM Rational Focal Point V6.5 Multilingual Multiplatform eAssembly|
|CZU88ML||Quick Start Guide for IBM Rational Focal Point V6.5 Multiplatform Multilingual|
|CZP5XML||IBM Rational Focal Point V6.5 Multilingual Multiplatform|
|For a brief description of the new features and restrictions, review the Release notes documentation.|
|For a detailed list of the system requirements prior to installing, review the System requirements documentation.|
|For information on configuring your computer prior to installing, see Preinstallation tasks documentation.|
|To view, browse, and search on-line information related to this product, visit the Information Center|
To install Rational Focal Point, Version 6.5, download the package from IBM Passport Advantage.
For information about installing Rational Focal Point, Version 6.5, see Installation road map.
For information about upgrading from Rational Focal Point, Version 6.4.1 to Version 6.5, see Upgrading from a release of version 6.4.1
Note: When you install IBM Rational Focal Point, the complete help system is not included with the product. You must download it from the IBM Local Help System Updater website. For more information see, Downloading Rational Focal Point help.
Download the eAssembly for Rational Focal Point, Version 6.5, for Windows, Linux and Solaris platforms from IBM Passport Advantage.
This release contains fixes for the following APARs:
|PM27479||The order of revisions in history of element is not maintained|
|PK97966||View rule on members and "My views"|
|PM26137||Unable to delete workspaces after upgrade to version 184.108.40.206, DB2 database|
|PM23185||The incoming link attribute does not update correctly when elements switch between views|
|PM22272||Unable to edit element title due to deleted baselines|
|PM00346 PM00405||TextLog business rule in Help|
|PM00280||Copy of large number of elements, no indication of progress|
|PK90939, PM08296||Edit one attribute for several elements, does not work for view containing workflow|
|PK86100||Traffic light BR and Baseline|
|PK88123||Documentation on notifications|
|PM08858||Icons used for choice items are updated for an element's icon attribute when using workflows|
|PK97173, PK97177||Unable to search for end of ID|
|PM02906||REST API ignores filters|
|PM05672||Unit per day scale|
|PM11721||Column shifted in statistics view for filter on links|
|PM06812||Filter on link list and number of links|
|PM04921||Documentation missing on decimal values behavior with different locales|
|PM05670||Link to view|
|PM16211||Update details on time grid attribute in online help|
|PM20061||CRFFP0438E Attribute statistics table contains too many cells and has been truncated|
|PM14993||Data truncated in statistics structure in Display view [Table mode]|
|PK86891||XML import uses large amount of memory|
|PM14449||Multiple notifications sent on different changes when CC field is used|
|PM11184||Reset password on Rockwell does not work after upgrade of the server to Rational Focal Point version 6.4.1|
|PM11689||Error in report when generated from a baselined view|
|PK97025||Documentation missing on Rational Focal Point and Rational Publishing Engine integration|
|PM08541||"Allow Baseline creation" option does not work as expected|
|PK92340||Incorrect link to WASCE download in installation guide|
|PK83955||On line Help: Notification examples|
|PM20043||URL inserted in a text attribute when exported to Excel contains tags [URL] [/URL]|
|PM06258||'An error occurred' message is displayed while loading some views|
|PK99140||Flickering of navigation menu|
|PM05346||Read-only access at global level and workspace level|
|PK82746||A blank page is displayed when clicking on Configure > Workspace|
|PK83409||Empty links (no links) are displayed in attribute for few elements|
|PM09047||Help needs update: Access rules violated in workflow|
|PM09460||Active filters and multiple nodes configuration|
|PM03177||The pop for the Link list attribute does not close and shows error occurred message on setting a link, when moving to a different workspace|
|PM08565||Excel imported passwords does not work when the user account is created or updated in Rational Focal Point 220.127.116.11|
|PM11601||"An error occurred" message is displyed on adding element at Rockwell automation environment|
|PK85848||Rational Focal Point and tabs|
|PK90825||Help on workspace templates|
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
IBM Rational Software Support
IBM Rational Software Support provides you with technical assistance.
Known problems are documented in the form of individual technotes in the Support Knowledge Base at http://www.ibm.com/software/awdtools/focalpoint/support/. As problems are discovered and resolved, the knowledge base is updated and maintained with new information. By searching the knowledge base, you can quickly find workarounds or solutions to problems.
The following links run customized queries of the live Support Knowledge Base:
- View all known problems for Rational Focal Point Version 6.5
- View all known problems for Rational Focal Point
For FAQs, lists of known problems and fixes, and other support information, visit the IBM Support Portal for Rational Software.
For contact information, guidelines, or reference materials that you need when you require support, see the IBM Software Support Handbook
For product news, events, and other information, visit the Product home page.
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
- What software versions were you running when the problem occurred?
- Do you have logs, traces, or messages that are related to the problem?
- Can you reproduce the problem? If so, what steps do you take to reproduce it?
- Is there a workaround for the problem? If so, be prepared to describe the workaround.
Problems (APARS) fixed