FileNet P8 Platform V5.0 Documentation Updates
This document provides updates for your installed IBM FileNet P8 V5.0 information center. These updates have already been applied to the information center hosted on ibm.com.
The documentation update files available from this document include updates from several documentation refreshes as well as several security patches.
April 25, 2011 updates:
- IBM FileNet Case Monitor – corrected a problem in the “Import the IBM FileNet Case Monitor project” topic.
- Content Engine Administration – corrected several topics.
- Content Engine Client Download Service Developers Guide – updated with default application server port information.
- Content Engine Java and .NET Developers Guide – revised topics that contained known issues.
- Deploying IBM FileNet P8 applications – corrected the “Deployment tools” topic.
- IBM FileNet P8 Platform planning, installation, and upgrade documentation - applied fixes to numerous topics for known issues and techdoc information.
- Process Engine error messages – updated with the latest 5.0 messages.
- Process Engine REST Service documentation – updated and corrected several topics.
- IBM FileNet Rendition Engine installation and upgrade documentation - applied fixes to several topics for known issues and techdoc information.
- Security - revised topics that contained known issues. In addition, all technical diagrams have been redrawn, and all screenshots have been removed.
- IBM System Dashboard for Enterprise Content Management – corrected several topic titles that display in search results.
- IBM FileNet Services for Lotus Quickr installation documentation – revised topics that contained known issues for configuring FileNet Services for Lotus Quickr.
- IBM ECM Widgets installation documentation - updated several installation and configuration topics in response to customer feedback.
November 30, 2010 updates:
- FileNet P8 Platform Installation and Upgrade Guide - revised topics for upgrading Legacy Content Search Engine from version 4.0.1, 4.5.0, and 4.5.1
- IBM InfoSphere Enterprise Records Installation and Upgrade Guide
- eForms Installation Guide
- Translated user help for IBM InfoSphere Enterprise Records
January 20, 2014 update:
- Fix for cross-site scripting vulnerability in the IBM FileNet P8 Platform Documentation Installable Info Center (see the security bulletin at http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21662360 for more information)
To install the documentation updates or the cross-site scripting vulnerability fix, extract the files from your information center WAR file and add the new plug-ins to the information center structure. Re-create the WAR file, clear the information center cache, and redeploy your information center.
Security patch installation:
- Expand the existing p8docs.war file to a working directory.
- Download the security patch using the link below.
- Unzip the security patch and copy the resulting files to the directory where you expanded p8docs.war.
- Re-create the p8docs.war file.
- Replace the original p8docs.war file with the one you created in the previous step.
For detailed instructions on how to update your information center, see the following links.
|Updating the information center||English||100|
|Preventing errors on JBoss||English||100|
The documentation updates are available as a compressed file. You must have FTP access available in order to download the file. Note that the file might take a while to download.
|Enterprise Content Management||FileNet eForms||Eforms for P8|
|Enterprise Content Management||Enterprise Records|
|Enterprise Content Management||Case Foundation||Business Process Manager|
More support for:
FileNet Content Manager
Software version: 5.0
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 4028602
Modified date: 11 July 2012