IBM CICS Transaction Gateway for Multiplatforms - Version 8.1 - Linux on zSeries
This document describes how to download IBM® CICS® Transaction Gateway for Multiplatforms V8.1 installation images from the IBM Passport Advantage® Online web site.
CICS Transaction Gateway for Multiplatforms V8.1 delivers high performing, security-rich and scalable JEE standards-based access to CICS applications, enabling rapid deployment of existing CICS applications into a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
Part no. CI66VML
CICS Transaction Gateway for Multiplatforms V126.96.36.199 for Linux on zSeries
Part no. CI672ML
CICS Transaction Gateway for Multiplatforms V188.8.131.52 Java Runtime Environment
Part no. CI2YQML
CICS Transaction Gateway for Multiplatforms V184.108.40.206 Multilingual Quick Start Guide
Part no. CI66YNA
CICS Transaction Gateway for Multiplatforms V220.127.116.11 Information Center on Windows
Part no. CI66ZNA
CICS Transaction Gateway for Multiplatforms V18.104.22.168 Information Center on AIX
Part no. CI670NA
CICS Transaction Gateway for Multiplatforms V22.214.171.124 Information Center on Linux
Part no. CI671NA
CICS Transaction Gateway for Multiplatforms V126.96.36.199 Information Center Eclipse plugin
Downloading the product
Download the platform specific product file part number CI66VML to a temporary directory on your system, for example /tmp/cicstg.
CICS Transaction Gateway specified operating environments for hardware and software products can be found at Supported Software for CICS Transaction Gateway (CICS TG) products.
To install the product:
- Unpack the downloaded product file and run the command:
gzip -cd CI66VML.tar.gz | tar -xvf -
- View the readme file for instructions for installing the product.
- The product is installed with a supported Java Runtime Environment (JRE); to use the installed Java define the environment variable CTG_JAVA:
A separate JRE is supplied for each supported platform; these JRE packages are available as part number CI672ML. A separate JRE is needed for running CICS Transaction Gateway Java Client applications on remote systems.
To install the JRE:
- Download part number CI672ML to a temporary directory on your system, for example: /tmp/cicstg
- Unpack the downloaded JRE file.
- View the readme file for instructions for installing a JRE.
Quick Start Guide
The Quick Start Guide provides a basic introduction to your product. The English language version is available below. Quick Start Guides for other languages are available from the download site as part number CI2YQML.
Product information center
The product documentation for CICS Transaction Gateway Version 8.1 is available as an Eclipse information center. Information about planning, installing and configuring the CICS Transaction Gateway product is available in the information center.
The information center can be found online at CICS Transaction Gateway for Multiplatforms Version 8.1 Information Center or can be installed to a local machine.
You can install the information center on AIX®, Windows®, and Linux® on Intel® machines.
To install the information center:
- Download the part number for the machine on which you want to run the information center.
- Extract the content and follow the instructions contained in the readme file.
The product information is also supplied as an information center plugin, which you can use with your existing Eclipse Help System.
To install the information center plugin:
- Download part number CI671NA.
- Extract the content and copy file com.ibm.cics.tg.doc_8.1.0.jar into the eclipse/plugins folder of your Eclipse Help System.
- Start your Eclipse Help System.
Passport Advantage Online:
Problems (APARS) fixed
More support for:
CICS Transaction Gateway
Software version: 8.1, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11
Operating system(s): Linux
Software edition: All
Reference #: 4028204
Modified date: 10 October 2014
Translate this page: