This document describes how to download IBM Tivoli Directory Server version 6.3 installation images using the IBM Passport Advantage Web site.
IBM Tivoli Directory Server is the IBM implementation of Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) for supported Windows, AIX, Linux, Solaris, and Hewlett-Packard UNIX (HP-UX) (Itanium) operating systems.
To access a wide variety of technical resources for this product, see the IBM Tivoli Directory Server Information Center.
Downloading and assembling the product
- Use the tables in the tabbed sections of this document to find the part numbers of the downloadable images you need. On the Passport Advantage Web site, search for the downloadable images. You can search for the eAssembly number shown above the table, or you can search by the individual part numbers in the left-hand column. The parts are described in the right-hand column of the table.
- Download all of the parts you need. Depending on the platform, there are:
- .tar files and .iso file
- .zip files and .iso file
- .tar file
- Do one of the following:
- If an .iso part is available for your platform, download the .iso part and use the file to create an installation DVD.
- Download all the .zip or .tar parts for your platform to a single directory, and then unpack the files.
- See the Installation and Configuration Guide in the IBM Tivoli Directory Server Information Center and follow the instructions for installing the product.
See IBM Tivoli Directory Server Version 6.3 System Requirements for information about the supported versions of Windows.Downloadable parts for Windows
For each variety of Windows, there are 6 downloadable parts in the IBM Tivoli Directory Server 6.3 eAssembly for the server. There is also a downloadable part for the client only. The tables provide details about each part. Download all 5 .zip files or the .iso file for your Windows system if you want the server, or download the client-only part if you want only the client.
Parts for Intel 32-bit Windows
All the parts for Intel 32-bit Windows are contained in the following eAssembly:
CRC8JML: IBM Tivoli Directory Server 6.3 for Intel 32-bit Windows (.zip and .iso files)
Parts for AMD/EM64T Windows
All the parts for AMD/EM64T Windows are contained in the following eAssembly:
CRC8NML: IBM Tivoli Directory Server 6.3 for AMD/EM64T Windows (.zip and .iso files)
Parts for the client only
Parts for the client only for Intel 32-bit Windows, Intel 64-bit (Itanium) Windows, and AMD/EM64T Windows are contained in the following eAssembly:
CRC8MML: IBM Tivoli Directory Server 6.3 Clients (.zip files)
Note: If you download parts for the server, you do not need these parts since the client is included in the server eAssembly. Download these parts if you want only the client.
- 21 July 2010: Created document
- 05 August 2010: Modified document
See "IBM Tivoli Directory Server Version 6.3 System Requirements" in the IBM Tivoli Directory Server Information Center at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v2r1/index.jsp?toc=/com.ibm.IBMDS.doc_6.3/toc.xml
See "IBM Tivoli Directory Server Version 6.3 Installation and Configuration Guide" in the IBM Tivoli Directory Server Information Center at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v2r1/index.jsp?toc=/com.ibm.IBMDS.doc_6.3/toc.xml
|Label or File Name||URL||Download Director||Platform||Pkg Rel Date||Language||Size (Bytes)|
|Passport Advantage Login page||http://www.ibm.com/software/howtobuy/passportadvantage/pao_customers.htm||Windows||08/24/2010||US English||500000|
Passport Advantage Online support at http://www.ibm.com/software/howtobuy/passportadvantage/paocustomer/docs/en_US/ecare.html
IBM Tivoli Directory Server support at