CN11: CICS TS support for WebSphere XD Compute Grid
SupportPac CN11 provides the infrastructure to enable IBM WebSphere Extended Deployment (XD) Compute Grid to schedule and manage Java job steps in CICS.
On 30 April 2013, the CICS Transaction Server Feature Pack for Modern Batch for use with CICS Transaction Server for z/OS (CICS TS) V4.2 and V5.1 became available. This new Feature Pack provides enhanced capabilities and is fully supported. So, IBM recommends that you use the Feature Pack for Modern Batch if you are using CICS TS V4.2 or V5.1.
If you are using CICS TS V4.1, you should continue to use SupportPac CN11.
IBM WebSphere Extended Deployment (XD) Compute Grid provides services for job scheduling and management, execution control, and monitoring of Java transactional batch, compute-intensive and non-Java workloads. WebSphere XD Compute Grid can schedule work in Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) and Java Standard Edition (JSE) runtimes, including WebSphere and stand-alone Java environments on z/OS and other platforms.
- Schedule Java job steps in CICS
- Provide programming interfaces to process input and output files
- Support for CICS Transaction Server for z/OS (CICS TS) V4.2
- Ability to execute more than one batch job step in CICS concurrently
- Updates to software requirements for CICS TS and DB2 for z/OS
- Removed SupportPac-supplied JVM profile and added instructions on how to customize the CICS-supplied JVM profile
- Documentation updates
- Support for WebSphere XD Compute Grid Version 8
- Update to xJCL for conformance to xJCL schema, as used in Rational tooling products
- Documentation updates
Enables CICS TS to process batch job steps scheduled by WebSphere XD Compute Grid.
Skill level required
Intermediate CICS system administration and application programming skills.
Authors: IBM CICS Development (Daniel Millwood and Mark Cocker), Hursley Park, UK
Last changed: 14Dec11
Current Version: 1.1
To use this SupportPac you must have the following versions of software and service installed:
- IBM CICS Transaction Server for z/OS (CICS TS) V4.1 or later.
In addition, CICS TS V4.1 requires the following service fixes to support the JVM server technology: PM08649, PM08661, PM11157, PM11791, and PM32731.
- IBM DB2 for z/OS V8.1, or later.
In addition, if using DB2 V8.1, then you will need the IBM Data Server driver for JDBC and SQLJ V3.62 provided by PM32360
In addition, if using DB2 V9.1 or later, then you will require either the IBM Data Server driver for JDBC and SQLJ V3.62 provided by PM32360, or the IBM Data Server driver for JDBC and SQLJ V4.12 provided by PM32361.
- IBM WebSphere Extended Deployment (XD) Computer Grid V8 .
 A trial version of IBM WebSphere Extended Deployment Compute Grid V8 is available from the WebSphere Extended Deployment Compute Grid web site.
The operating system and software requirements for WebSphere XD Compute Grid are available in the List of supported software for WebSphere Extended Deployment 6.1.1.
The information center for WebSphere XD Compute Grid is also available.
 IBM WebSphere XD Compute Grid requires any edition of IBM WebSphere Application Server, such as WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment or WebSphere Application Server for Developers. WebSphere Application Server for Developers is available for download at no charge from the developerWorks download web site.
To download the SupportPac:
1. Click on the FTP link below and save the compressed file to your local machine.
2. Extract the saved file to a temporary directory on your local machine. This will create the necessary installation, documentation, and license files.
3. Follow the instructions in the included documentation to complete installation of this SupportPac on your host system.
|CN11 ReadMe||US English||369256|
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|CN11||14 Dec 2011||US English||2430920||HTTP|
SupportPacs in this category are available at no charge to all licensed users of the CICS family products on the platforms specified in the SupportPac description. These SupportPacs are provided "AS-IS" (under the terms and conditions of the IBM International License Agreement for Non-Warranted Programs and of the associated License Information and other documentation). The terms and conditions of this license DO NOT provide for any entitlement to defect correction.
To determine if you want to use this SupportPac, read the accompanying license file.
Other CICS SupportPacs
To view the complete portfolio of CICS SupportPacs, go to the CICS SupportPacs Home Page
CICS/TS CICS TS CICS Transaction Server