This document describes how to download and install IBM Rational Functional Tester Version 126.96.36.199.
IBM Rational Functional Tester Version 188.8.131.52 includes defect fixes to previous versions of Rational Functional Tester and the following enhancements:
- Dojo 1.4 controls support: Record and test HTML applications that contain Dojo controls that are developed using Dojo Toolkit version 1.4.
- Flex 4.0 support: Test functional aspects of applications developed using Adobe Flex 4.0. You can record and playback scripts against Adobe Flex 4.0 user interfaces inside a Web browser and verify that the application functions correctly.
- Siebel 8.1 support: Rational Functional Tester provides extended functional testing support for Oracle Siebel 8.1 applications.
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6 support: Supports testing of applications loaded in Mozilla Firefox 3.6.
- PowerBuilder 12.0 support: Test Win32 applications that are created using Sybase PowerBuilder 12.0.
- Federal Desktop Core Configuration (FDCC) support: Rational Functional Tester provides support for testing applications on a computer that has Federal Desktop Core Configuration (FDCC) setup on Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows Vista operating system.
Important note on PowerBuilder 12.0 support
Support for testing .NET applications created using PowerBuilder 12.0 is not available by default in this fix pack. You must install PB12DotNetSupport patch to enable Rational Functional Tester version 184.108.40.206 to support testing of .NET applications.
If you install this patch, you cannot test .NET applications created using PowerBuilder versions 10.5, 11.2 or 11.5. However, uninstalling this patch should enable you to test .NET applications created using the earlier versions of PowerBuilder.
Note: The Rational Functional Tester Version 220.127.116.11 release does not include the updated translation content for a small number of topics such as the help home page.
For details on the list of domains supported for functional testing, integration of Rational Functional Tester with other Rational products and compatible shell sharing products, see technote 7017504: List of domains supported for functional testing.
IBM Installation Manager version 1.3.4 if you locally upgrade Rational Functional Tester.
- Before you update Rational Functional Tester, close the Eclipse and Microsoft Visual Studio IDEs, as well as any open Web browsers, and all other applications that are enabled by Functional Tester.
- If you are installing or upgrading Rational Functional Tester on Microsoft Windows , to use the .NET Scripting feature, you must copy msvcp71.dll into the System32 directory (C:\Windows\System32), if it is not already available. You can copy the msvcp71.dll file from any other Windows operating system such as Windows XP or download it from Internet.
Note: For details on the list of supported platforms on which IBM Rational Functional Tester can be installed, see List of supported platforms
Installing Rational Functional Tester, Version 18.104.22.168
You can install Rational Functional Tester, Version 22.214.171.124 in two ways:
- Using IBM Installation Manager
If IBM Rational Functional Tester, Version 8.x is already installed on your computer, you can install this update using the Update Packages wizard in IBM Installation Manager.
- Local upgrade of an existing installation
- Download the Rational Functional Tester 126.96.36.199 fix pack from the location specified at the bottom of this page.
- Extract the files to a temporary directory. For example, extract the file to
- In the IBM Installation Manager click File > Preferences and add the temporary directory to the list of repositories, for example,
- Use the Update Packages wizard of the Installation Manager to proceed with the update.
Support available for the help installation:
Rational Functional Tester help system is configured to use remote help. An internet connection is required to access help or to download and install help locally. For more information about configuring and accessing help, see Configuring help content in the Rational Functional Tester information center.
Additionally, see the following technotes:
Installing PowerBuilder 12.0 .NET support patch
- Download the patch from the location specified at the bottom of this page and extract the files to a temporary location.
- Run the
Note: To uninstall the patch, run the
Known problems are documented in the form of individual technotes in the Support knowledge base at
As problems are discovered and resolved, the knowledge base is updated and maintained with new information. By searching the knowledge base, you can quickly find workarounds or solutions to problems.
The following links run customized queries of the live Support knowledge base:
- View all known problems for Rational Functional Tester version 188.8.131.52
- View all known problems for Rational Functional Tester
Information Center for releases of Rational Functional Tester version 8.1
This release contains fixes for the following APARs:
|PM08431||Rational Functional Tester Version 8103 : An error message is displayed when opening verification points on Microsoft Vista 64-bit mode.|
|PM12300||Verification point captured on a clipboard does not work on Rational Functional Tester .NET IDE|
|PM14156||Processes fail to close on Microsoft Windows 7 operating system|
|PM12445||Playback fails while testing Flex applications using Rational Functional tester Version 184.108.40.206 version|
|PK91485||Rational Functional Tester is cannot perform recording on Flex combobox items with special characters|
|PM13688||Rational Functional Tester does not recognize the MS-DOS command window|
|PK97456||Incorrect cell clicked during playback against PowerBuilder 11.5 GridDataView|
|PM05773||The find() API does not honor classname in WPF testing|
|PM14438||Rational Functional Tester recording records a same PowerBuilder control with row and with edit.|
|PM15336||Rational Functional Tester Version 220.127.116.11: An Siebel.SiebelMethodExecutionFailureException is displayed while trying to playback a Siebel ComboBox control|
|PM12193||Playback fails as the data is recorded as settext() with MVG applet fails during playback.|
|PM12194||Recording fails while trying to record radio buttons on a Siebel application|
|PM12870||The dialog object in a HTML application displays .visible=false|
|PM15845||Rational Functional Tester cannot recognize objects after upgrading to Rational Functional Tester Version 8.0|
|PM08306||Rational Functional Tester Version 18.104.22.168 timesout while recording DataGrid controls with Simpilified Script|
|PM11591||Rational Functional Tester Version 8.1.1 : Playback monitor hangs while trying to debug Rational Functional Tester test script with XML log on Microsoft Visual Studio|
|PM13811||Rational Functional Tester cannot dynamically locate ActiveX object in a HTML document|
|PM13271||Dynamic find in Flex domain crashes Internet Explorer and Java Virtual Machine|
|PM12531||Rational Functional Tester Version 8.1.1: The RationalTestScript.getScreen() method returns a NULL object instead of a valid IScreen object|
|PM15849||A call to the CoInitialize() method returns a false value when the application is enabled by Rational Functional Tester|
|PM13317||Memory leak observed while using Rational Functional Tester Version 8 with Internet Explorer 7|
|PM13806||Performance issues seen when testing the find () method on SWT controls using Rational Functional Tester version 7.x to 8.1|
|PM13912||The ENABLE_LOGGING logging back option cannot be enabled in the script after it has been disabled for .NET scripting|
|PM14113||Rational Functional Tester Version v22.214.171.124 generates dupe screen shots for TPTP log|
|PM14317||Rational Functional Tester cannot recognize a 32-bit application control that is displayed on a 64-bit application in .NET IDE.|
|PM15112||A 'java.lang.NullPointerException' is displayed while playing back a script using datapool and enabling the 'Response Time Breakdown' option in Rational Functional Tester Version 126.96.36.199|
|PM00779||Preference Value must be inherited while upgrading Rational Functional Tester|
|PM04198||Rational Functional Tester cannot recognize some buttons of Lotus Notes attachment window in Linux|
|PM11099||Rational Functional Tester Version 8.1.1 on a 64-bit mode operating system cannot recognize any Microsoft Windows native domain application under tests running in 32-bit mode operating system|
|PM05088||Rational Functional Tester Version 188.8.131.52: The gridInfo.countRows() method returns a value one even with an empty grid|
For details on the list of resolved APARs for the 8.x series, see, APAR list of Rational Functional Tester Version 8 releases
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|Rational Functional Tester Disk 1||7/8/2010||English||593000000||HTTP|
|Rational Functional Tester Disk 2||7/7/2010||English||574000000||HTTP|
The Passport Advantage Online Help Instructional Videos will guide Passport Advantage customers through the download and CD ordering processes.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.