IBM Application Performance Analyzer Plug-in for Eclipse provides a graphical user interface to IBM Application Performance Analyzer for z/OS, V10 or V11.
NOTE: To download the latest Application Performance Analyzer Plug-in go to the Latest IBM Problem Determination Tools Plug-ins Combined Packages page.
IBM Application Performance Analyzer Plug-in for Eclipse provides easy access through a graphical user interface (GUI) on the workstation to Application Performance Analyzer for z/OS. The GUI encompasses both the Observation Request and Reporting functions, including the R02 screens list, detail views, edit functions and reports for the Observation. The GUI can be used for submitting new observation requests and for navigating the performance analysis reports generated from observation requests. The GUI can display and provide functions to multiple components of Application Performance Analyzer at the same time. The major views include:
- STC View, that lists all active started tasks
- Observations List View, that lists all observations
- Observation Detail View, that provides details of an observation
- Reports List View, that lists all reports for an observation
- Report View, that displays an individual report
Here is a screenshot of the Application Performance Analyzer GUI plug-in in action:
- V18.104.22.168 (14 Nov 2011)
- APA/GUI re-based to Eclipse 3.6
- Sticky Notes feature added to Observations List and Observation Reports view
- Email Report feature added to report views
- DDF Selection criteria added to New Observation dialog
- DB2 Explain SQL feature added to Report View context menu
- Save/browse current view of report in HTML format added to report views
- Support added for SSL connections
- Pass phrase support added
- Preference pages modified and added to support new/enhanced features
- V22.214.171.124 (1 Aug 2011)
- Updated Japanese and Korean translation
- Allow mixed-caseTSO userid and password
- V126.96.36.199 (10 Jun 2011)
- Observation Import/Export feature added
- Download reports in XML and PDF formats added
- Report Download preferences enhanced to allow selection/de-selection of report categories and individual reports
- Downloaded reports indicator icon on the Observations List view moved to independent, sortable column
- Delete Days (Del Days) column added to Observations List, detailing the number of days remaining before the observation will be deleted
- V188.8.131.52 (1 Dec 2010)
- IMS Multiple Address Space measurements
- Source program mapping support
- Display windows for details of sample file and module information
- Enhanced consistency with ISPF panels
- V10.1.1.0 (14 May 2010)
- Initial Release
The following minimum hardware levels are required:
The following software is also required:
- One of the following levels of IBM Application Performance Analyzer for z/OS:
- V10 plug-in: Application Performance Analyzer for z/OS V10.1, with PTF UK56111 (Base), UK56112 (Japanese), UK56113 (Korean) for APAR PM05497
- V11 plug-in: Application Performance Analyzer for z/OS V11.1, with PTF UK67481 (Base) for APAR PM34080
- One of the following levels of the Microsoft Windows operating system:
- Windows XP 32-bit
- Windows Vista 32-bit
- Windows Server 2008 32-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit
- IBM CICS Explorer (for Windows), V1.1, or later
1. IBM Application Performance Analyzer for z/OS V11.1 users should download and install the V11 plug-in. IBM Application Performance Analyzer for z/OS V10.1 users should download and install the V10 plug-in.
2. To install the V10 or V11 plug-in:
- Review the "System requirements and prerequisites" section in the associated APA Plug-in Vxx Readme PDF (available below) and verify that you have met all the requirements and installed all the prerequisites.
- Click on the HTTP link (in Download table, below) and save the compressed file to your local machine.
- Extract the saved file to a temporary directory on your target machine. This will create the necessary installation files.
- Review the "Installing Application Performance Analyzer Plug-in for Eclipse..." section of the APA Plug-in Readme PDF for instructions on how to complete the installation.
|APA Plug-in V10 Readme PDF||US English||32768|
|APA Plug-in V11 Readme PDF||US English||1921024|
Note that, aside from the LANGUAGE column defined in the download table below, this plug-in supports the following languages:
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|APA Plug-in V10||14 May 2010||US English||8118158||HTTP|
|APA Plug-in V11||14 Nov 2011||US English||10371072||HTTP|
This plug-in is available at no charge to all licensed users of IBM Application Performance Analyzer for z/OS V10, or later. It is supplied under the standard terms and conditions of the IBM International Program License Agreement (IPLA) and of the associated License Information and other documentation, and provides a defect correction entitlement for those licensed users entitled to service for IBM Application Performance Analyzer for z/OS V10, or later. Service is available for this plug-in for as long as the IBM Application Performance Analyzer for z/OS product with which the plug-in is to be used is generally supported by IBM. In addition, IBM reserves the right to discontinue service on this plug-in when it is withdrawn from marketing by IBM. Please reference "IBM Application Performance Analyzer for z/OS" as the entitled product when contacting IBM and requesting support for this plug-in.
|Host Transaction Processing||CICS Transaction Server||Explorer||Windows||4.2, 4.1, 3.2, 3.1|
Application Performance Analyzer