IBM Fault Analyzer Plug-in for Eclipse (V10)
IBM Fault Analyzer Plug-in for Eclipse provides a graphical user interface to IBM Fault Analyzer for z/OS, V10 or V11.
Fault Analyzer v10 & v11 has reached End of Support, IBM Explorer for z/OS now includes a supported version of Fault Analyzer Plugin.
IBM Explorer for z/OS v3.0 Aqua
The new and improved strategic integration platform for IBM Eclipse-based offerings is now available!
IBM Explorer for z/OS Aqua offers a platform to obtain an integrated set of IBM Eclipse tooling, designed to enable increased productivity for z/OS developers and system programmers. Platforms and plug-ins based on IBM Explorer for z/OS Aqua (v3.0) have been built and tested to install side by side taking the guesswork out of choosing which plug-in will install into which platform. These plug-ins are designed to work with the latest IBM Developer for z/Systems 14 & IBM Rational Developer for System z v9.5.1.
To download and install the latest version of the IBM Problem Determination Tools plug-ins and a compatible installation environment, please visit the new IBM Mainframe Development website below:
IBM Fault Analyzer Plug-in for Eclipse provides easy access through a graphical user interface (GUI) on the workstation to Fault Analyzer for z/OS. The GUI provides access to problem reports for diagnosing mainframe application errors and ABENDs. Key features include:
- An interface to manage views and multiple fault history files.
- The ability to browse fault entries that were created during real-time analysis of abending programs.
- A browser for browsing the dump storage associated with a fault entry.
- A source listing of abending programs using side files.
Here is a screenshot of the Fault Analyzer GUI plug-in in action:
- V10.1.0.8 (14 Jun 2013)
- Fixed requirement of Java 1.7 in v10.1.0.7
- V10.1.0.7 (3 May 2013)
- Column filter settings are now case-insensitive
- Save columns and restore on restart
- V10.1.0.5 (21 Mar 2012)
- Fix minidump save in Eclipse workbench toolbar and key shortcut
- V10.1.0.4 (4 Jan 2012)
- Quick column configuration through context menu
- History file refreshes by default after Eclipse startup
- Fixed defect that prevents workspaces from being copied
- Option to securely save password
- Fix LPEX dependency issue (18 Jan 2012)
- V10.1.0.3 (29 Sep 2011)
- Fixed mixed case password defect
- V10.1.0.2 (13 Jun 2011)
- Faster Eclipse editor-based browsing
- Bookmarks and task markers
- Find and text search capability
- Option to use default sidefiles
- Option to choose the client's outgoing port
- V10.1.0.1 (19 Oct 2010)
- List of Last Accessed History Files is now always downloaded from the host, instead of being read from the cache.
- Now receive messages from the main Fault Analyzer module, IDIDA.
- Easier to understand diagnostic message when no mini-dump is present.
- V10.1.0.0 (14 May 2010)
- Initial release
The following minimum hardware levels are required:
The following software is also required:
- IBM Fault Analyzer for z/OS V10.1 with the PTF for APAR PM47919, or, Fault Analyzer for z/OS V11.1
- One of the following levels of the Microsoft Windows operating system:
- Windows XP 32-bit
- Windows Vista 32-bit
- Windows Server 2008 32-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit
- One of the following Eclipse-based platforms:
- IBM CICS Explorer (for Windows) V1.1, or later
IBM Fault Analyzer for z/OS V10.1 or V11.1 users should download and install the V10 plug-in.
1. To install the V10 plug-in:
- Review the "System requirements and prerequisites" section in the FA Plug-in V10 Readme PDF (available below) and verify that you have met all the requirements and installed all the prerequisites.
- Click on the HTTP link (in Download table, below) and save the compressed file for the V10 plug-in to your local machine.
- Extract the saved file to a temporary directory on your target machine. This will create the necessary installation files.
- Review the "Installing Fault Analyzer Plug-in for Eclipse...into CICS Explorer" section of the FA Plug-in V10 Readme PDF for instructions on how to complete the installation.
|FA Plug-in V10 Readme PDF||US English||1867776|
Note that, aside from the LANGUAGE column defined in the download table below, this plug-in supports the following languages:
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|FA Plug-in V10||14 Jun 2013||US English||23150592||HTTP|
This plug-in is available at no charge to all licensed users of IBM Fault Analyzer for z/OS V10, or later. It is supplied under the standard terms and conditions of the IBM International Program License Agreement (IPLA) and of the associated License Information and other documentation, and provides a defect correction entitlement for those licensed users entitled to service for IBM Fault Analyzer for z/OS V10, or later. Service is available for this plug-in for as long as the IBM Fault Analyzer for z/OS product with which the plug-in is to be used is generally supported by IBM. In addition, IBM reserves the right to discontinue service on this plug-in when it is withdrawn from marketing by IBM. Please reference "IBM Fault Analyzer for z/OS" as the entitled product when contacting IBM and requesting support for this plug-in.
|Host Transaction Processing||CICS Transaction Server||Explorer||Windows||4.2, 4.1, 3.2, 3.1|