IBM® Rational® ClearQuest® Application Lifecycle Management Packages for ClearQuest 7.0.1. Provides support for ALM best practices.
Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) enables streamlining a team's ability to produce a software release. It involves the coordination of software development activities and assets to produce and manage software applications throughout their life cycle. The application lifecycle management packages provide a solution for ensuring ALM best practices in your existing Rational® ClearQuest® 7.0.1 change management system.
The ClearQuest ALM packages provide a role-based process and security model that offers optimal performance. The packages comprise a collection of tightly integrated record types that create a foundation for managing software development projects. With ClearQuest ALM packages:
- Projects provide a secure and role-based context for completing work
- Project tasks and activities are traceable to the originating request
- Baseline and build records provide a traceability link between development and testing
- Adaptive workflow with process enactment helps govern work according to predefined processes on a project-by-project basis
- MultiSite and UCM support is enabled, but not required
- Queries and reports assure completion and quality
The benefits of this package are:
- A scalable ALM model that can be adapted for small teams as well as for enterprise programs and projects
- Project teams are empowered to define their own vocabulary and processes without impacting the schema
- Emphasis is placed on "configuring" the solution rather than designing from the ground up
- Support team members can be distributed in multiple geographic locations
The solution can be applied to new or existing ClearQuest 7.0.1 schemas. The ClearQuest ALMProject and ALMWork packages are described in a series of articles in the The Rational Edge magazine.
Rational ClearQuest V7.0.1 must be installed before applying the ClearQuest ALM package schemas.
Follow these steps to download and extract the ClearQuest ALM 7.0.1 download. Then install each of the zip files in the download.
- Download the file and extract the contents of the CQ_ALM_7.0.1 zip file into a directory of your choice.
- You will now have one zip file: CQ_ALM_Packages.zip. (Note: there is also an obsolete zip file called CQ_ALM_Example.zip. Please ignore this zip file as it is no longer supported.)
Follow these steps to install and register the ALM Packages.
- Extract the contents of the CQ_ALM_Packages zip file into \Program Files\Rational\ClearQuest\Packages.
- From a Command Prompt, register the ALMProject and ALMWork 1.0 packages:
- packageutil registerpackage ALMProject 1.0 "C:\Program Files\Rational\ClearQuest\packages\ALMProject\1.0"
- packageutil registerpackage ALMWork 1.0 "C:\Program Files\Rational\ClearQuest\packages\ALMWork\1.0"
The ALMProject and ALMWork packages are now ready to be used by the ClearQuest Designer.
|CQ ALM 1.0 Download Instructions||English||33000|
You can download the ClearQuest ALM 1.0 packages by using FTP from the table below. If you are unable to use this method, you can download the packages by using HTTP from this Web address: http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/rational/clearquest/cqalm/packages_1.0/
Supplemental files, including examples and sample data as well as training materials, can be found in the Supplemental folder at http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/rational/clearquest/cqalm/packages_1.0/supplemental/
|Download||RELEASE DATE||LANGUAGE||SIZE(Bytes)||Download Options|
|CQ ALM 1.0 packages download||7/8/2008||English||3014000||FTP|
Visit the Rational Support site on the web at:
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.